IGNORED

Why we do what we do???

calperin

Ok, let's do this simple. As some of you knows, I'm not born in US, but leaving here for almost 9 years already.

I have a niece (Sobrina) in Argentina, that is making a job for her career on the university about different cultures, and as soon as she knew that I was part of a motorcycle riding group, she proposed to make a study about why this kind of groups exists, what are the reason for the people to become part of it, requirements to participate, and the whole 9th yards....

So, as the matter has introduced, please I and she will apretiate any feedback on this.

Remember, we 're strange people for her, since over there there are no groups like us.

Regards,

:big-grin-emoticon:

Edited by calperin
mistipying

For me I was serching out peaple with like interest as myself. As time went on I realized that it was more than just shared interest. Comradery, friendship and a helping hand when kneeded.

This place has started to renew my faith in my fellow man. Their ability to give without reservation in times of kneed and their faith in god have started to change who I am.

not sure if this is what you were looking for but it is the best that I can do at this time.

And yes we are a strange and rare breed. Peaple are no longer willing to help their fellow man unless something is in it for them. This group amazes(spelling???) me .

Good luck on your quest for the answers as youo will probably get a greatly varied RESPONSES.

David :big-grin-emoticon:

Most people want to feel they are needed and appreciated. They strive to join together with others who have common interest and goals.

This same need is why many join in gangs because they don't feel they can find acceptance at home or any place else.

What part of Argentina does your niece live in. Both my son and I have lived in the Buenos Aires area.

Dave

Well this group is diverse. It's also not based on things you can see that we have in common. We all like riding and sharing good times with each other. We also are a great support group for others when times are tough. I'd place this group more like a family, but one we choose to be apart of. I know we don't share politics (taboo word) or religious beliefs, but we do share this love of riding. Also for the most part we accept each others differences because of the other similarities. The rest of the world could learn a few things from this group about getting along. I personally feel blessed to have found this bunch of nutty folks.

Margaret

Hmmmmm...

Check out these sites and ask your question again???

http://www.journeyrider.com/2008/04/the-argentina-b.html

http://www.blacksheepmc.com.br/blacksheep/index.htm

Other known club(s):

Vandalos MC - Buenos Aires Argentina

Forget to mention, she is not in Buenos Aires. She lives in Comodoro Rivadavia, what is on the Patagonia coast in a windy and cold place. Something like to be on the middle of the Canadian East Cost.

Thanks for the links.

:Laugh:

As many have mentioned it's about the comeraderie for me. I think it is a primal ideal with many of us to belong to a clan, not a gang, but a clan. We share a love for riding and wouldn't rather be anywhere else but on the bike with the wind in our face.

It's also the hope that mankind might be able to pull it's head out of it's arse and share a bit. This can be a very unselfish group and thats something not seen often in this day and age. Tell her to get on a bike and put some wind in her face and she will have an epiphany and then she will know :happy34:

As many have mentioned it's about the comeraderie for me. I think it is a primal ideal with many of us to belong to a clan, not a gang, but a clan. We share a love for riding and wouldn't rather be anywhere else but on the bike with the wind in our face.

It's also the hope that mankind might be able to pull it's head out of it's arse and share a bit. This can be a very unselfish group and thats something not seen often in this day and age. Tell her to get on a bike and put some wind in her face and she will have an epiphany and then she will know

:happy34:

Couldn't have said it better myself. What a feeling, eh?

For me joining the group was basically wanting to know more about the mechanics of my bike. After joining and keeping up to date on all the latest accessories and known problems and fixes I guess curiousity got the best of me seeing so many people from Canada,USA,Australia,Germany and I think Ive seen someone from Spain on here, I thought "Man it would be interesting to meet some of the different people from other walks of life". So out of the blue one day a fellow member from Ontario,Canada happened to have called me as they were visiting the Hill Country here in Texas and I rode out to visit them and then planned a trip to ride some the next day in the hill country. Needless to say we have become very good friends and thru that friendship I have met numerous other members from Canada,The other parts of the USA and thru the Annual Rallys VentureRider.Org holds. I keep meeting more and more members. My curiousity has come to the conclusion that the more we may think we are different the more we realize we are the same. Yes Politics and Religion may be opposite on some of our views but when its all said and done I have no doubt that ANY member on here could depend on ANY other member to be there for them in a time of need such as someone to talk to or just visit with. Yes I know this is kind of long winded but since She is doing a study maybe my story will help her understand. By the way riding with a bunch of them is pretty cool to.Tom

Well this group is diverse. It's also not based on things you can see that we have in common. We all like riding and sharing good times with each other. We also are a great support group for others when times are tough. I'd place this group more like a family, but one we choose to be apart of. I know we don't share politics (taboo word) or religious beliefs, but we do share this love of riding. Also for the most part we accept each others differences because of the other similarities. The rest of the world could learn a few things from this group about getting along. I personally feel blessed to have found this bunch of nutty folks.

Margaret

What Margaret said !

I have been riding for some 40 years and during that time, have joined up with a number of different groups...some were organized and others were just a bunch going on a ride together. Each time I never stuck with any of them for any length of time because of a number of different reason's...boils down to compatibility issues and lack of acceptance of differences...some were too "rule strict", others simply had no rules of any kind. I gave up on that scene and chose to either ride alone or with only one or two other bikers...someone who was a close friend already. I joined this group online initially to learn about fixing various things on my scoot...actually, I joined another "venture" site first back when I had my '85 ... then I found this group when I got my '87. I started getting a bit more "involved" here and found the folks very easy to communicate with....then I met a few in person...that was great...then I took a bigger plunge and went to one of the rally's (Venture West IV) ... THAT sold me on this group of great people (if nothing else already had). To be associated with and to ride with this group has restored my faith in being a part of a "motorcycle riding family". I have rubbed shoulders with a couple other groups locally and instinct told me that I would not find the same comeraderie(sp?) as I do here.

What it boils down to is finding a group of people who share and have a passion for at least one common interest, have a lot of compassion and empathy, and are not judgemental or superficial.

:thumbsup2:

At first I joined to learn as much as I could about the V-4. The more time I spent here the more it changed my outlook on man. The people here will give you the shirt off there back and not think twice about it. I was raised to think the same way but I have found it hard to meet REAL PEOPLE in the real world. It's easy here all you have to do is log in. I have made a few good friends here and met some great people that in the real world...it never would have happened. No one cares where you come from. Like others this place is my home away from home. I can allways talk to a friend here, I can allways find help here, and I can help others here as well. Thats priceless!

THANKS FREEBIRD

I don't know exactly why I joined this group, mostly to learn more about my 05. In time I grew to find that I was drawn to this group like no other. I have made some great friends (that I definitely don't see often enough).

When I'm down, I look on here and usually find something to take my mind off of whatever is bothering me and THAT is priceless.

If is truly a selfless group....none of them ask for anything for themselves, with the exception of an occasional prayer or two.

They extend their homes, knowledge,companionship, but most of all friendship and ask nothing in return.

My ONLY regret about belonging to this group is that I live so far away from everything that it is difficult to make as many meets or rallies as we would like.

Why do I love this group? I don't know, I just do.

My belief ventures down a different road. Riding a motorcycle involves risk and reward. The risk is to one’s health or even life. The reward is a sense of accomplishment, skill, and excitement that most of the population will never experience. This creates a mystique about us from the vantage point of those who don’t ride; a sense of being special, non-conforming to the masses…and those like us tend to gravitate toward each other because we have this in common. Though we are from all walks of life, it is easy to find camaraderie among those who share the thrill of riding. The same could be said for any group of people who perform some activity that most people will never do. Examples of acting on stage, skydiving, scuba diving, sports in general, law enforcement and even military combat all share different degrees of risk/reward and are seen as “special” by those who do not participate in such activities. Where else do you see strangers giving a casual wave to a passerby while riding, each recognizing the small fraternity and specialness of riding. Naturally, as we find each other and share our experiences (in person or via the web), our bonds grow even stronger and perpetuates the specialness we see in ourselves. The result is strong friendships, wider tolerances (to first gens ;), and selfless generosity. I have lifelong non-riding friends (and my wife) who will never understand what riding means to me. That is OK because I have found some great folks in this group that do “get it” and I can live in both worlds. I love the looks I get when I pop into a grocery store on my way home from work wearing my armor jacket and VentureRider hat, and even though some people at a quick glance think the hat is some kind of Dallas Cowboys logo, I just smile inside and go about my business. My $.02 worth anyway.

and VentureRider hat, and even though some people at a quick glance think the hat is some kind of Dallas Cowboys logo, I just smile inside and go about my business. My $.02 worth anyway.

Hmmmm Don is from TX, wonder if there's anything he didn't mention?

Oh Sorry now back to our discussion.

Margaret

NOBODY ELSE WILL HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH US???:whistling::confused24:
I was thinking the same thing.

I lurked here for a while and was amazed at what people would do for people they did not know and may never meet. I joined and quickly assumed my position as the official first gen harassment officer. This sight renewed my faith in mankind a better group of people does not exist even the first gen riders are not all that bad.

Aside from the wealth of technical information I can get from this group there is the shared experience of just riding, primarily the Venture here. I just can't adequately explain the feeling and experience of riding to someone who hasn't ridden. At work on a Monday after a great ride over the weekend I sometimes find myself grasping for words to describe what took place...I always come up short. You know the look and respones..."ah, well, that sounds nice." It is nice, it is better than nice but it has to be experienced to really understand it. Everyone here would know what I'm talking about with little effort on my part...thanks.

I was also looking for info on a bike I purchased and was greeted the first day with a "WELCOME". I have been in other clubs / groups as Sargent of arms "security" Area Coordinator and others. I helped organize rides & parties and put in a lot of hard work, only to be stabbed in the back "so to say".

I have found people on here that have offered us a place to stay and food just for stopping by! They don't know me from a hole in the ground, but have hearts and kindness above anything imaginable! I see warmness and caring in every person on here whether they want to admit it or not. You just don't find that in the world anymore.

Why am I here????? I want to be just like them!

Just my view.

PS. Eagleeye & Juggler if you read this SORRY I did not get with you. My trip to Wisconsin & Minnesota got all messed up by going to visit my mother after her surgery. Spent way more time there than I had planned, but it was needed and she was happy when I left so I guess it was for the best. I'll get to meet you some other time, I hope?

Carlos.

it's kind of like the "gauchos", from the pampas!

if you are a gaucho, it is because you were BORN one.

if you are a gaucho, you hang around with other gauchos, because you all have a lot in common.

The gauchos, "meet and eat" at their "

corrientes", much the same as we gather at meets and eats , here.

i came to this site, looking for info on my bike, and NOW, my bike, has very little to do with WHY i stay here.

i have found that this is one of the few places, where a person can be themselves.

here, you can be honest, and open about any thing, and laugh as often as you like.

this is the only place i have found, where i can put names to faces of some TOTAL strangers, that i haven't had the pleasure of meeting in person, and still i feel like i have known them forever!

hope this explains how and why, we are family!

just jt:backinmyday: