IGNORED

She just did not see him

Venturous Randy

We had another motorcycle/car crash yesterday morning. A 37 year old man was killed when a 17 year old girl pulled out in front of him on a 4-lane highway. It was a bit foggy, but evidently the girl did not look good enough to pull out.

I rode in to work yesterday morning at about that same time and was irritated by the number of cars without any headlights on, but I am pretty sure he had his on.

RandyA

That is a shame. People just don't get it. We are everywhere and we are not going away.

If there is one thing that irritates me with cagers is driving in rain, fog, early morning, or late evening WITHOUT LIGHTS. I see it every day. I do everything I can to make myself visible to cagers. Headlight on high, passing lights, and high intensity LED's.

That is a shame. People just don't get it. We are everywhere and we are not going away.

If there is one thing that irritates me with cagers is driving in rain, fog, early morning, or late evening WITHOUT LIGHTS. I see it every day. I do everything I can to make myself visible to cagers. Headlight on high, passing lights, and high intensity LED's.

Its been the law here in Canada for years that any new car sold has to have daytime running lights on it. any time the engine is running the headlights have to be on.

It has been a long time since ive seen a stat but i seem to remember a drop in accidents involving new cars in the years after the introduction. I really like the feature, it makes me visible and I can see the other guys along way off even in those hot hazy days of summer it makes a huge difference for visibility.

Brian

Its been the law here in Canada for years that any new car sold has to have daytime running lights on it. any time the engine is running the headlights have to be on.

Brian

I have noticed quite a bit lately new or newer cars/trucks without running lights on. I wonder what's up with that??

I have noticed quite a bit lately new or newer cars/trucks without running lights on. I wonder what's up with that??

Not sure, even to import a vehicle from the US now, u have to add the lights on module before you can register it to drive.

A couple of guys at work have had trouble with the module in their chevy trucks and have disabled it because they dont see the need to pay to fix it, maybe thats what youre seeing is guys like that.

Brian

Brian

One thing I am seeing is people running around in new cars with the head lights on, but no tail lights. Evidently the people are thinking that they don't need to turn their headlights on now that they are automatically on. I can not understand why any car company would make the head lights automatic and not include the tail lights in the curcuit. That just does not make sense.

One statistic that was given out by the Tennessee Highway Patrol several years ago was 65% of people charged with drunk driving were initially pulled over for not running their head lights at night. So, you better be especially dilligent on watching out for those idiots.

RandyA

Here in Houston we get monsoon like rains occasionally and what I see are white, gray, black, dark blue cars with no lights on and they are impossible to see in the fog that forms because of the flow of traffic on the freeways. You really have to look to see them. What I don't understand is how dumb some people are.

Don H.

One thing I am seeing is people running around in new cars with the head lights on, but no tail lights. Evidently the people are thinking that they don't need to turn their headlights on now that they are automatically on. I can not understand why any car company would make the head lights automatic and not include the tail lights in the curcuit. That just does not make sense.

One statistic that was given out by the Tennessee Highway Patrol several years ago was 65% of people charged with drunk driving were initially pulled over for not running their head lights at night. So, you better be especially dilligent on watching out for those idiots.

RandyA

To the oncoming driver, it might appear as though the headlights are on but those are just "running lights" and don't provide enough illumination to see nuffin once it's dark out.

Besides, it's the government that forced them to .... blame them LOL

As for the drunk driver, everyone knows ya can see ten times better after 6 beers... errrr... well, at least "certain things" lOOk a lot better :rotf: :rotf: :sign just kidding:

Guest weirdbeard

As hard as it is.. You have to remember.. That girl was only 17. She was a newbie in a cage and now has to live for the rest of her life knowing she took a mans life away.

Its terrible for everybody.

Ride safe.

I think specifically Dodge for some reason are running lights are just the markers, this must satisfy the daytime running light laws.

BRad

A lot of the new cars have a switch to allow you to turn off the daytime running lights. It sure screws up driving to the deer woods if you're trying to sneak up on them.

On a lot of vehicles, specifically GM, you can just barely have the parking brake on and it will turn off the DRL's.

Now you know how to sneak in the driveway when you get home later than you are supposed too!!!!!!

Skinny Squidley

Now if people figured out how to use those damn blinkers, now that would be nice. after all, I'm know mind reader:doh:

Now Brake Pad, you can't expect the disabled to do everything... oh, the disability... they only have one hand... the other one is a cell phone. :witch_brew: