IGNORED

Maybe someone wants to know

kevin-vic-b.c.

One thing I dislike about the ODO on these bikes (and maybe it's the same on others, I just haven't looked) and that is they don't display anything beyond 99,999 so how does one really know on these older bikes if it's 68,685Kms or 168,685 ?? Condition alone is not going to prove anything. Having see so many ads for these older bikes with low, low mileage.... in many cases I find it extremely hard to believe.... for example, an '85 with only 9,000 original miles ... my grandfather owned it and it's been sitting for the past 10 years and he only drove it to the grocery store and back... yeahsureright.... I think I'll change my ad for my '87 and see how the responses go....

(am I in a grumpy mood?)

:think: :think:

Remember, too, that Canadians and northerners don't have as long of a riding season as some of us. It is possible to have low milage.

Brandy

actually, almost all of the so-called "low mileage" bikes I've seen ads for are from the USA. My last 3 bikes all had close to or over 100,000 km's on them when I bought them. My current '87 has 153,000 kms and my last one (the 85) had 170,000+ when I sold it some 5 years ago. To me, that's about normal for the year so when I see something with 68,000 km on the ODO and it's an '83, I tend to question it. Granted, we're talking kilometers but quick math says the miles.

BTW Brian, I see you spending a lot of time in here during the day.... does you boss know you're shirking your work duties??

:witch_brew: :witch_brew: :witch_brew: :rasberry: :rasberry: :rasberry:

(ooops.... so am I !!)

Arent us IT types sposed to be online checking how fast our connections and throughput are doing throughout the day?

:rotfl::rotfl:

Brian