IGNORED

Fall is in the Air, Lehi Officer Ride

utadventure

What a beautiful day for ride and I can't think of a better reason for a ride.

Yesterday was the ride for Capt Terry of the Lehi police force that was shot in the head twice during a traffice stop.

My daughter had been asking to go for a ride and yesterday was the day our schedules both worked and Pegasis1300 had let us know about this charity ride. So we packed up and decided to go. It was great to get there and find out that they would have to send us our T-shirt later on because the turn out had been significantly more than they anticipated!:322:

They estimated that over 400 bikes had shown up for this ride. Motorcycle officers from the Highway Patrol and other local forces showed up to help guide the ride. They shut down roads so that we could all get through. It amazed me that they took all of the bikes as one large group!

What an enjoyable day.:cool10:

Dave,

Really intended to make that ride, but something came up (or out).

Looks like you had a great time.

Couldn't make it cause my oldest daughter gave me a new grandson yesterday morning. Cute little fart.

Mabey next time.

DJ

:group cheers:

That's okay. I was in out of town in New York this past week anyway.

My mom is now 86 years old, and lives in California, but she grew-up in the Bronx, New York. Well, she wanted to take one last trip back there to visit her two sisters and to show me around a little while she is still able. I tried, but I wasn't able to persuade her to ride on the back of my Venture, so we had to fly there.

It was a fun visit. We got to see a lot of Manhattan and a number of other sights. One evening, I took a walk from our hotel room downtown towards Times Square. Along the way, I passed by the old Ed Sullivan Theater (where David Letterman does the Late Show). Well, I couldn't get in because I didn't have "advanced tickets". But, as I was walking past the edge of the building, I noticed a small crowd of people gathering outside the back door - you know, on that little side-street where Letterman does bits sometimes. So, there's all these people and lots of security around a roped-off area. So I had to check this out and hang around to see who was going to come out that back door. A few moments later, the back door pops open and guess who strolls out? See the attached pictures that I took to find out. So, that was pretty entertaining for a few minutes.

I hardly saw any motorcycles in Manhattan. I couldn't even imagine riding there anyway. Just riding in a cab was like driving in a third-world country. New York City just doesn't seem like a place I would ever take my bike.

So, I just thought that I would share a little. New York was fun, but I am happy to be back in Utah. Like Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz ... "there's no place like home".

Pete.

See the attached pictures that I took to find out. So, that was pretty entertaining for a few minutes.

So, I just thought that I would share a little. New York was fun, but I am happy to be back in Utah. Like Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz ... "there's no place like home".

Pete.

Quite a trip there Pete, You been quite the "Ramblin' Man" of late.

Checked the pix, Still scratchin' my head. Who is it??

Dan:confused24:

Why, it's Paris Hilton! See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Hilton

Basically, she's famous for being a pubically spoiled rich girl and next in line for the Hilton Hotel fortune.

Yep! We did a lot of riding this summer; about 13,000 miles over 17 different states. And, we still have another few months left. Too bad I have used-up all of my vacation time now. Oh well, there are still weekends and a few holidays ahead of us to ride.

Pete.