IGNORED

Gez, what a ebay jerk

Dragonslayer

I recently bought a part on ebay, (Lower fairing vent Louver ),from an ebay vendor, cmstexas. The seller did not offer any shipping options other than USPS Prioity mail for $6.80 which I thought was a little expensive.

But, I needed the part more than the $6.80 shipping so I bid on item anyway and won it. I paid for item and shipping via paypal and part showed up in two days very neatly packaged in a box you could have put fifty of them in. Opened the box and item is rattling around in huge box with one wrap of tiny bubble wrap, and a small piece of brown slick sided shipping paper,(But, not enough to cushion item from rattling around in box).

So as soon as packaged arrived and being a dutiful E-bayer I left, as e-bay request Honest feedback which read.

Positive option

"Item arrived quickly and was as described but shipping expensive. "

next day, today.......................................

I get E-bay e-mail from this seller four paragraphs chewing me out because I complained about his shipping charge amoung other things he ranted about:

"Shipping cost was clearly stated in listing":backinmyday::soapbox:

Yes it was but, seller did not offer any less expensive shipping options. I've been riding for the last 10k miles with this part missing I would not have had a problem waiting an extra day or so for cheaper shipping cost.

"With the cost of packageing materials he lost money" :fiddle::fiddle::fiddle::fiddle::fiddle:

I don't doubt it shipping a 6 ounce item in a 30 pound box, I don't know what he paid for the box, roll of brown shipping paper and the bubble wrap but I use free newspaper which works just as good, I've shipped the same item with no problems in an padded envelope. for a fraction of the shipping cost.

My business experience tells me that if he is losing money doing business, maybe he should rethink the way he is doing business.

:Im not listening to:Im not listening to:Im not listening to

got to disagree with you on this. if the shipping was stated up front and you bid on it you agreed to pay the shipping cost. you did not have to bid if you thought the shipping was to high. i sell lots of stuff on ebay and have 100% positive feed back. good feed back is important to a seller. if the item arrived damaged you have a legitamate complaint. shipping is getting very expensive. $ 6.80 is not bad at all. bill :)

I have a small business and shipping is a constant bother with costs varying. $6.80 is giving the seller just $2 for packing materials and his time and expenses to take it to the post office. Priority minimum cost is $4.80, the Post office will give you a box free, and I use them anytime I can to save about 50 cents on boxes I must buy for other things.

I see shipping used as a profit center all the time on E-bay, but $6.80 for almost anything these days is cheap, plus you knew it going in. As long as the item came in as advertised in good condition, to complain about the shipping is being a bit of a pain.

maybe the seller could have reacted a little better, but a rabid response to any negative seems to be the norm with a lot of sellers.

In this case, if the guy wanted to send it in a shipping crate and lose money, as long as you got the item in good shape, it makes no difference to you.:stirthepot:

I knew going in what the shipping cost was gonna be. It's not the $6.80.

All I'm saying is the thing could have been sent for the price of a stamp in an envelope. I'm sick of a Customer No Service Attitudes by people that don't care what you think when they break it off in you.

Then raise hell when you bring thier poor service to thier attention.

Honesty hurts sometimes.

I read the post a couple of times just to make sure I wasn't missisng something.

Shipping cleary stated. Ya!

I get the statement, he could have done it differently . Ya I got it.

But didn't you agree up front?

The seller has no idea what your thinking. You could have asked him a question about cheaper shipping couldn't you? He didn't know you would wait longer. Most people want it sooner than later. Me too!

Seems to me everybody agreed to the transaction, you got what you paid for and it came in good shape...... what was the ***** again??????

Him going off on you was overboard but look at it from his point of view. he did what he said he would do and you left a poor comment.

I had a guy leave a "positive comment" that basically stated that "I was impatient and rude but the money showed up".

All the other comments I have are "great ebayer", "would love to business again with me" and so on.

Bottom line he pissed me off just because I asked him questions after the sale I was rude and impatient.

I don't think you have a ***** here.

You both did what you said you were going to do.

Live and learn, you'll be smarter next time.

This may fall into "the buyer be ware" or make sure you read the fine print and can live with it.

Steve

I take a look at it like this, if it's under $10 for shipping, my time is worth more than that. I dont think that the seller is out of line, and you did agree to pay that shipping charge. If you thought it was unacceptable, you should have contacted him before you bought it. Not trying to start a debate, but NOTHING is cheap anymore and for me to get a part shipped to my door for $10....yeah I'm all over that.

I take a look at it like this, if it's under $10 for shipping, my time is worth more than that. I dont think that the seller is out of line, and you did agree to pay that shipping charge. If you thought it was unacceptable, you should have contacted him before you bought it. Not trying to start a debate, but NOTHING is cheap anymore and for me to get a part shipped to my door for $10....yeah I'm all over that.

Your right, I'm wrong, His e-mail message just hit me wrong and I felt like venting, My bad, I'm over it too, moving on

Honesty hurts sometimes.

I read the post a couple of times just to make sure I wasn't missisng something.

Shipping cleary stated. Ya!

I get the statement, he could have done it differently . Ya I got it.

But didn't you agree up front?

The seller has no idea what your thinking. You could have asked him a question about cheaper shipping couldn't you? He didn't know you would wait longer. Most people want it sooner than later. Me too!

Seems to me everybody agreed to the transaction, you got what you paid for and it came in good shape...... what was the ***** again??????

Him going off on you was overboard but look at it from his point of view. he did what he said he would do and you left a poor comment.

I had a guy leave a "positive comment" that basically stated that "I was impatient and rude but the money showed up".

All the other comments I have are "great ebayer", "would love to business again with me" and so on.

Bottom line he pissed me off just because I asked him questions after the sale I was rude and impatient.

I don't think you have a ***** here.

You both did what you said you were going to do.

Live and learn, you'll be smarter next time.

This may fall into "the buyer be ware" or make sure you read the fine print and can live with it.

Steve

From the view of an Ebay buyer and seller. well said

Your right, I'm wrong, His e-mail message just hit me wrong and I felt like venting, My bad, I'm over it too, moving on

I agree, sometimes we (I) get bent out of shape over something I knew about and did anyway. My wife is usually the one to show me my error and rub in it my face (in love of course).

Glad you made peace with it. If its in you, you might amend your ebay response (if that's possible).

Ponch

Bob,

It's nothing personal man, I know you, but if you post up something like this your gonna get HONEST answers. I appreciate that you want to share experiences and info with us, but dont get upset with us for doing it. It's all good man I can understand where your coming from, but I do sell a bit on eBay and I have had similar conversations with other buyers.

Whew,,,glad this was settled, otherwise id have to step in here as a bonafide employee of the Postal Service and clean house........:starz:

Does that mean you will opening that big can of Whoop A$$ you been saving??? LOL

I guess it is all over and done now.

Be good, be strong, and ride on into the sunset.

Steve

I knew going in what the shipping cost was gonna be. It's not the $6.80.

All I'm saying is the thing could have been sent for the price of a stamp in an envelope. I'm sick of a Customer No Service Attitudes by people that don't care what you think when they break it off in you.

Then raise hell when you bring thier poor service to thier attention.

You sound like the proverbial "Customer from HELL":shock3::shock3::shock3:

Just had a similar exp. withe American Moto Access. was looking at an accs. for my bike, went thru the whole process of adding to cart and checkout, when I saw what shipping and handling was going to be, I decided against buying and canceled the order, got a nice email from them wondering why I canceled, I explained I thought the shipping was excessive, they offered a much cheaper alternative if I was interested. I took the deal and bought the acces. Cant say enuff about how well they handled things. Craig