IGNORED

Awesome Day in Pa

cecdoo

Well the first Pa meet n eat was a hit. I think we had 18 bikes total, got to meet alot of new folks and spend some time with old friends. It was perfect from start to finish lots of time to BS at the meeting place, the weather was amazing, nice ride to the diner, good food served up quick. Went for a nice 2 hr ride on some of the smoothest roads in Pa:rasberry: Stopped at a great little farm for homemade Ice cream, and witnesssed a beautiful outdoor wedding overlooking the Susq. river. Special thanks to Randy for all his work in putting this together, and thanks to all who came and supported this event. We will definetly do it again. Craig:clap2:

It was 74 down to 136 to Rt 1 across the Conowingo Dam, then North on 222 to 272 left onto 372 then North onto the now infamous "River Road". It turned out to be no match for Gen I or Gen II Ventures.

It was a great Meet 'n Eat with a great route to ride. Thanks to Randy and Craig for putting this together and laying out a great route. Hope to get a chance to see everyone soon. I will put some photos up soon.

Ride on...:thumbsup2:

Yup good Time. Made for a really long day for me and the rest of the VA Members, but well worth it. The weather couldn't have been better and the company was, as always, awesome. Rolling out of Va we had 4 years covered

Riderduke's 04

Bugfish69's 05

Venturing Sole's 06

KA Wentworth's 07

:thumbsup2:

Thanks again to Halfwitt and Cecdoo for putting it together.

Had a great time, covered some new roads and made some new friends. HEY--What about pictures from some of you photographers??? You know the rules.

For anyone interested there is a Manufacturing Poker Run scheduled for Oct. 4. Details at: http://www.mantec.org/eventdetail.cfm?id=460

Leaving York, Pa between 9:30AM and 10:00AM. Stops at 3 manufacturing facilities in western York County (2 of the are suppliers to H-D) and ending at Battlefield Harley-Davidson at about noon for lunch and prizes.

To help us plan for the food, please register online at this site. In addition to good company we will have some nice prizes and good food. Hope to see you there. PM me with any questions you may have.

Thanks,

Fitz

It was a great time (despite my having to pull off so the g/f could take a work call, then catch up). Thanks to Randy for putting it together. We couldn't have asked for better weather and a great group of guys & gals.

I don't recall who was asking me about the LED pods I have on either side of my license plate of my 06' Black Cherry, but here's the info: They are Hyper-Lites Universal Dual Function (two 8-LED pods, http://www.hyperlites.com/unikits.html#brake).

The M&E was a great pre-shopping trip for me.... now I know I want (need?) some "safety chrome" visors for my turn signals and a set of "safety chrome" fork end covers, too!:mo money:

I don't recall who was asking me about the LED pods I have on either side of my license plate of my 06' Black Cherry, but here's the info: They are Hyper-Lites Universal Dual Function (two 8-LED pods, http://www.hyperlites.com/unikits.html#brake).

Thanks for the info, Steve - I really liked what I saw on your bike - those lights sure make you take notice - I know because I followed you!

Maybe Mrs. Santa will be nice to me....

We just got back about an hour or so ago, and what an awesome weekend we had!! The ride down Friday started out a little chilly at 62 degrees but after lunch things warmed up. Lunch was in this really neat restaurant on rt 15 just across the border into Pa. They have sugar free pies!!! I know that will be a destination sometime next year with the local crowd.

We got to the hotel about an hour earlier than expected. Craig (ceedoo) and his lovely wife joined us for dinner. Thanks, guys, for driving an hour and a half just to do that! We really felt special! Leaving the restaurant, a car making a left onto the highway across the intersection from where I was making a right surprised me and Craig got to see me do a snake dance to stop the Venture fro m going over...

Sarurday was an absolute blast!! Plenty of time to meet some new people as well as some we already knew. I'll never remember all those names so have patience with me. Got a surprise when my bike's twin showed up! Good thing, as us 1st gen'ers were outnumbered with just three of us total. The other blonde was a low mileage '83 and has the distinct privelige of being serial number 101, probably the very first 1st gen Venture!

The ride was great and we managed to keep the group together for the most part. Yes, I'll sign up for one of those tee shirts. The only problem with River Road was that it was a little rough, especially seeing as my front shock is shot and in need of rebuilding. I bet that it is a great road to ride on in the summer when it's hot as there is a lot of shade. That homemade ice cream was out of this world!!

After the ride we stopped at the Galleria Mall in York Pa... big mistake!! We were fine until we walked into Big Boy's Toys. Spent $550 on 2 new Nolan flip up helmets. Anybody need a S and XL HJC flip up?? Anybody used the Nolan Bluetooth add on yet? Not gonna spend another $300 if they don't work too well or sound like crud...

We finaly got on the road by 10;30 today. Had Scrapple for breakfast which I haven't had since the early '70s. Saw a parked brown 1st gen mk2 but the highway was too busy to turn around and leave a note. It was a flooring place across from the Iron Kettle restaurant and Shell station on Rt 22/322 north of Harrisburg near rt 11. We had a high of 82 degrees this afternoon in Pa but after a late lunch in Painted Post NY things went south. The last hour of our trip we drove thru a mist and the temp dived to a low of 57. We just had a nice cup of hot chocolate and the chill is finally going away. Would we do it again? In a heartbeat!!!

Been thinking of spending a week in Pa Dutch country for vacation next year. Maybe see some of you next year. Riderduke, you really surprised us by being there! Great to see you...

Hey Bongobob - good to meet you on Saturday - and it was good riding with you. It was a great ride -and there are more like that around, some without all the chuck holes that make PA so famous.

Give a shout if you are down this way again. - Ken

Hey Craig,Sounds like a good turn out for you guys.You had a nice route planned. And the weather was awesome.Bev and i planned on making it but the last 2 weeks have been hecktick.Bevs mother passed on friday and she had all the arrangements to set.So i hope to see you and Kim soon and maybe we will get that shore ride in. Chris

Brenda and I just got back from our ride to WV. It was fantastic. Oh, we rode on four wheels instead of two due to anticipated purchases and winery stops. I'm glad we took the four wheels. I may have made it up the steep, gravel, switch-back driveway to the lodge...I don't think I would have made it down. at least right side up. It did give me an idea for a future get together. More on that as I fine tune my thoughts.

Anyway - I'll get pics posted tonight from the York ride. thanks again to Craig for his help and everyone else for being there!!