IGNORED

Bike Rack for my 08

Sleeperhawk

I like the rack...where did you get it? Also, how much weight should be carried in such a device?

Also, a (probably dumb) question about the hitches. The pictures on the Venturedad site looks like the hitch attaches to the frame...it sits directly under the bottom of the rear fender...the question...does the up and down activity of the suspension system cause the fender to hit the hitch?

Jim T

Edited by Aimhigh

I like the rack...where did you get it? Also, how much weight should be carried in such a device?

Also, a (probably dumb) question about the hitches. The pictures on the Venturedad site looks like the hitch attaches to the frame...it sits directly under the bottom of the rear fender...the question...does the up and down activity of the suspension system cause the fender to hit the hitch?

Jim T

Jim, the hitch replaces the bar that connects the saddle bags and rear frame together, there is no rubbing. Also, I got the rack from here: http://www.alsmotorcycleaccessories.com/

I had him add the metal where the lights are mounted and the stinger option. The lights are LEDS and these are not the lights you can buy with rack. They recommend no more than 40 lbs and Mechanic already loaded up the one bag and it weighed around 25 lbs and with a small cooler, I will be close to 40.

Hey George,

Any chance your place of employment be looking for help???? :whistling:

I guess I better get a better paying job so I can afford some accessories too.. :confused24:

Sure wish I could tag along for the ride out west, but just cant pull that one off (yet)..

George,

The rack and the lighting looks great. By the way...in one of the pictures I thought I saw some crabgrass next to your driveway...or was that chickweed. :rotfl::banana::rotf:

The Mechanic pulled the weeds this morning and she will be sending your leathers out tomorrow. See, she is just not a mechanic neither. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Which leds are you using?

Have a great trip!

Bug

I bought the LEDS from here:

http://www.customdynamics.com/index.htm

You can get the combination signal in amber/red or red/red like the ones I have.

My part numbers are:

Dual Element Circuit for Flex 65-100 LEDS = SKU 6121-00

14.7 HD Red/Red LED Array with Intergrated Turn Signals = SKU 4000-14

10 LED Flex Array Red/Red (these are the small taillights = SKU 4012-11

• 7 months later...

Looks good George. One word of caution. Yuo have to be careful how you go into,and out of some driveways The extra length sticking out behind will drag sometimes. I have a small cooler that we carry at times and I have had it drag b4, scare the beejesus out of you if you ain't expecting it.file:///C:/Users/Craig/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg

Some of the steep convenience store drives have like a small ramp in or out. Just be aware and be careful.

Craig

Looking good George. :thumbsup2: Did you order the light kit and replace the lights with LED's or did you wire it all yourself? Curious copycats looking for ideas:whistling:

I did not order the light kit, but wired the bike with a relay. :)

If I ever get a trailer, then I will be all set up and ready to go.