IGNORED

I broke my own rule and nearly paid for it...

Guest Ken8143

Guest Ken8143

The other day I took a nice ride. Came upon a cross road behind two cars. Both of them with left hand turn signals on and over to the center line. Pretty good indication of a left hand turn, right? No, wrong. That meant right hand turn. I went to go around on the right hand side - suddenly the back car begins to turn right.

Relying on my lightening fast reflexes, and the legendary crotch rocket like acceleration of a 1st gen, I did a light twist with my right wrist and presto, zoomed out of the danger zone.

Moral of the story - stick to your own safety rules. I have preached it over and over. Just because a left hand signal is on doesn't mean a thing. Even if the car is stopped, wheels turned left, car nearly over the center line waiting to turn left - depend on it. They will turn right.

yep for sure,,,,,,,,,and I'll bet you have a rule that states that you'll never be in a hurry either,,,,,,,,right? is that why you passed???????? yep, thanks for the reminder and the arm's length experience you just gave. Now I can remember this rule without having the 'fun' of learning it again.:happy65::)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've had a similar close call as well. A two way lane...a truck with his left turn signal going the other direction and me with my left turn signal going the other way. As we approach the intersection, the young kid decided not to turn left instead stayed straight on the road...good thing I did not bite on his assumed intention to make a left turn or it could have been a head-on collision.