IGNORED

audio for the hard of hearing.

Snarley Bill

been having a lot of trouble hearing audio. due to outside noise and being hard of hearing. spent a fortune on helmet speakers amps, etc. finally found a cheap solution. got the premium sound on my wing and it is fine with the speakers until you hit wind. i bought the edsets, much better til you hit wind. went to radio shack and bought a set of sony earbuds. on sale for $29.95. then bought a 5 pin to 3.5 mm single pin adapter from cycle gadgets, and now have concert hall sound and sealed out road noise. my sirius radio has a whole new meaning. all i can say is awesome, try it if you are hearing impaired. bill :clap2::2133:

When I was in Myrtle Beach there was a vendor there called Big Ear and they made custom ear pieces for you to wear with your helmets, they also sell a connector to go between the helmet cord and bike cord so you can still use the mic to talk over the CB or bluetooth phone while using the ear buds.

He took a mold of my ears and they hold it on file for 2 years so I can call them any time and have a set made off the molds. I am seriously considering getting a set. I had them make me a set of ear plugs and they work great and believe it or not I can hear the music through my headset much clearer then without them. I guess getting rid of the wind noise makes a big difference. If I use the plugs on long rides I am much more refreshed when I get where I am going. The only thing I don't like about them is you can't hear the engine, and that takes getting used to.

Anyway here is their site.

http://www.bigearinc.com/Products/Catalog.aspx

Does anyone know if theres a 5 pin adapter that will allow me to plug in stereo headphones AND a microphone?

The reason I ask is that my wife gave me a BlueAnt Blue Tooth headset for christmas. It works with my cell phone which was the main reason I wanted it, BUT....(pardon my big but) it also comes with a Blue tooth transmitter that can be plugged into other Audio/Mic jacks, like for instance the stereo jack on a laptop and the mic jack and the headset can be paired with multiple devices....like for instance a phone AND the BlueAnt transmitter at the same time.

I use this at my work because I can listen to music from my laptop or my cellphone and if I get a call on my cell I can take it and then go back to music.....I can also take calls over SKYPE or Yahoo etc.

This got me thinking because if theres a converter.....I think conceivably I could plug in the BlueAnt Blue Tooth transmitter to my 83 VR's stock jack and be able to hear the stereo, use the CB/Intercom, and take phone calls!!! Im very excited about the idea, but I have no idea if theres a 5 pin adapter that will take the mic and stereo jacks and I dont know where to look. If someone can point me in the right direction I will see if I can make it work and post the how to on the site.

Paul