IGNORED

Proportion valve rear brake? I lost the spring

So it is one those days. I  decided to clean the rear brake cylinder and proportioning valve.

Like the title says the damn spring flew across the air....and I never found it. 

I guess this marvelous thingy proportions pressure to rear and front?

If the spring is removed what will happened?

Thanks

A

20220907_191644.jpeg

I Just got rid of the proportioning valve and delinked the brakes. Had too many situations were the front brake locked up on slippery or gravel surfaces causing the front wheel to slide out side ways on me even at the lightest touch of using the rear brake pedal only.

Edited by saddlebum

I got rid of the proportioning valve, delinked by blocking the brake line to the front. Pedal now operates the rear only. 

Not ideal. but at least now I have brakes. 

Can I operate the 2  front calibers with the original front master cylinder?

On 9/9/2022 at 9:51 AM, Arxvz1200 said:

I got rid of the proportioning valve, delinked by blocking the brake line to the front. Pedal now operates the rear only. 

Not ideal. but at least now I have brakes. 

Can I operate the 2  front calibers with the original front master cylinder?

You can. You will however notice a slightly softer and longer stroke feel on the lever at the same time quicker front brake response. It may take you a few stops to get use to the different feel.

Hey Ronnie,

Thanks for the Props!

Anssi I do indeed offer a De-Link Kit for the First Gens. That connects both of the front brake calipers to the right side Master Cylinder and connects the rear brake caliper to the rear master cylinder and foot pedal separately. I will be home from my California trip Saturday of this week. If you are interested, please feel free to PM me Anssi.

Here is a link to the De-Link Kit found in the Member Vendor's Section of the FOrum:

Earl (skydoc_17)