IGNORED

2009 Tour Deluxe 1300

Hey guys. New member here. I got a 2009 Tour Deluxe 1300 back in February. I'm hoping to be able to start buying or saving money for some upgrades here in a few months. 

I'm wanting to change the windshield to a Touring fairing. 

The fairings I'm looking at are:

●Yamaha Royal Star Batwing Fairing with Speakers and Stereo System 214-0000 Vector

●Night Fury Fairing 

●Hoppe Industries Quadzilla Fairing with Audio for '05-09 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe '05-Up

Any personal recommendations, or any other fairings I should look at? So far I'm thinking of the Night Fury. Has all the features I want. And as far as installing it, would that be a difficult task for a beginner, that lives in an Apartment? Should I pay someone to install it? Any other parts or tools I'll need?

And then I'm wanting a seat like the Ventures. A driver backrest and passenger venture backrest. I read an article on here from 2008, it'd have to be moddified. I'm also wanting a trunk on with storage racks. Any recommendations. I know all of this will have to be moddified aswell. 

I live in the Fort Worth, Arlington, TX area. 

Tire recommendations and wheels? (Not a big deal, just curious as to what you guys use.)

And any other parts you guys recommend I change in order to turn this into more of a touring bike. I never had anyone go with me to pick out a bike, as nobody I knew was available. So I got salesperspn recommendation based off my budget. 

Touring bikes would've been a bit much for me right now.

20210707_193651.jpg

20210615_083234.jpg

That is a great looking ride right there!

What you want to do with it is a whole lot of work to be done in an apartment parking lot. I'm sure it's doable, but seriously, I think you'd be better off riding and enjoying the RSTD while actively looking for a similar vintage Royal Star Venture. Sell the Tour Deluxe and buy the Venture.

I also think the RSTD had some differences engine wise from the venture, one of which was not being balanced the same so as to give a more HD like feel to the ride. Which would mean your FrankenVenture would never be as smooth as the factory Venture. I could be wrong on this, it might have only been the case with a single model year or maybe it was only the tour classic.

Anyway

On 7/11/2021 at 6:46 AM, RDawson said:

I’m with @luvmy40on this one, you can find a Venture for the same money as the TD. Get all the touring equipment with no add on headache. 

I told the dealers I wanted a touring. But they had none in stock. So i got stuck with this. And since I'm on a contract, I doubt I'd be able to return it 🤣 kinda wish I could that way I could put the monthly money towards more important things. 

Granted, it is a good bike. I probably would've been better off saving the money. But it is what it is.

I looked at the 2021 Star Ventures, man, they look ugly compared to the earlier Ventures. Mainly just the fairing. Those fairings are ugly in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Austin E said:

I told the dealers I wanted a touring. But they had none in stock. So i got stuck with this. And since I'm on a contract, I doubt I'd be able to return it 🤣 kinda wish I could that way I could put the monthly money towards more important things. 

Granted, it is a good bike. I probably would've been better off saving the money. But it is what it is.

I looked at the 2021 Star Ventures, man, they look ugly compared to the earlier Ventures. Mainly just the fairing. Those fairings are ugly in my opinion. 

I’m just opposite, I like the big fixed fairings. The air cooled VTwin and all the electronics scared me off. I haven’t ridden the SVTC but I never rode a better bike in the rain than a first gen fixed fairing Venture. 

19 hours ago, Woody said:

1285350765_2009Venture(1).thumb.jpg.4a2bdfa29cd3d081008364b5c94bdcff.jpg

This is a touring bike, 2009 Venture

She's a beauty. I was thinking that would.be the year model I'd want. Maybe I'll look into seeing if anyone is selling one for fairly cheap. I'll have to save some $ first tho 😛