IGNORED

Tire Paint

Freebird

Anybody here ever painted their whitewall tires black? The Ultra Classic has almost brand new tires but they are whitewall and I am not a fan. I ordered some tire paint to paint them black. The reviews are great but I've never tried it before. Just wondering if any of you have? I'll let you know how it turns out after I get it.

https://www.millertire.com/products/tire-supplies/tire-paint/1-quart-black-tire-paint/

Anybody here ever painted their whitewall tires black? The Ultra Classic has almost brand new tires but they are whitewall and I am not a fan. I ordered some tire paint to paint them black. The reviews are great but I've never tried it before. Just wondering if any of you have? I'll let you know how it turns out after I get it.

https://www.millertire.com/products/tire-supplies/tire-paint/1-quart-black-tire-paint/

:think: Why cant you and that lovely bride of yours just take that purdy HD out for a nice, long, CTFW ride and wear out those white walls and then just replace them with new black walls?? Seems like that would be more fun, less embarrassing when a fellow biker in the hood notices what you did and a lot less hassle then painting your tires:stirthepot: :rotf:

IMHO,, painting your tires instead of riding them out would be similar to mounting your bike on a dyno and running it for a couple days straight to increase the miles on it and then bragging you just put a bunch of miles on your bike :rotfl:

Now aren't you glad you accepted that last 12 months of dues payments from me:stirthepot::witch_brew: :guitarist 2::happy34:

Luv ya

Puc

With all the rubberized paints available on todays market just about any should work. It just depends on the sidewall flex. If it t'were me I think I'd go with Flexseal spray. That dang stuff is tuff.... MOF that's what I'm going to use for the registration numbers on my new RIB dinghy..

I too hate white walls. If tires I bought have them I mount them inboard. Back in the day when white letters were the style I couldnt afford them. So I used white model paint and letered them up.

Let's make it easy and fun at the same time. Get yourself a couple of rasps, mount them to the frame of the bike so that they rake the side wall, and then go for a ride. Do the front ones first so you can watch the rubber fly off. Don't know how deep the white goes, but if there is not enough casing left then you have a good excuse to mount new tires, and this time they can be your own choice and make you a happy camper. Just a little change from Puc's idea which I thought was good.

Let's make it easy and fun at the same time. Get yourself a couple of rasps, mount them to the frame of the bike so that they rake the side wall, and then go for a ride. Do the front ones first so you can watch the rubber fly off. Don't know how deep the white goes, but if there is not enough casing left then you have a good excuse to mount new tires, and this time they can be your own choice and make you a happy camper. Just a little change from Puc's idea which I thought was good.

There there,,, now that wasn't so difficult was it? :big-grin-emoticon: