IGNORED

pigeon forge TN

tntviper1

Be sure to take a camera and people watch. I usually get a good few chuckles out of that. Especially in a tourist area. Be obvious when you take some pics... has caused a few good converstions because of that but also be ready to run... lol:)

:scared: PIGEON FORGE?? Ya goin to Pigeon Forge Vipe? What da heck,, if its the same Pigeon Forge that I have ridden thru a number of times then OH HECK YA - LOTS to do done yonder!!:thumbsup:

After waving at all the tourist on the way thru, camping at and waking up behind the Shell Station - hop on the scoot - stay on the main road south outa Pigeon Forge.. Next really cool town is Gatlinburg,,, keeep going right into Smokey Mountain National Park.. Hook a right and ride the loop around Cades Cove and all that in "The Park".. Back out to main road = hook a right.. Follow it for a ways till ya exit "The Park".. Hook a left and your on your way up thru some of the most awesome riding ever = area known as "The Tail of the Dragon", AWESOME riding but dont speed = lots of :bobby:!! Stop at Deals Gap Store,, spend the day staring at the junk hanging from the tree and eating road grub from the little store,, buy a sticker for your scoot,, harrassing the bikers:Cartoon_397::stickpoke::buttkick: for an afternoon is fun too..

:lightbulb:,,, ol Smokey is FREE entrance = just saved ya enough :mo money: that now ya can go and SPLURGE at one of those AWESOME eating joints down yonder:thumbsup2:... LOTS of really good rib joints down there but I always like to eat like the southna's while in there midst and usually end up with a big ol plate of Fried Chicken with mashed taters and gravy :Laugh:....

:scratchchin:,, just thought of something,,, maybe you aint the riding type and just wanted to hang out elsewhere than that Dolly World nonsense they got down there,,, :biker::no-no-no:,,, :scratchchin:,,, lets see here.... What would I do if I werent a biker or forgot to bring Tweeks along :think:,,,, GOT IT,,, north of Pigeon Forge is another town called "Seveirville" or something like that.. They got the coolest biker leather shop there with all kinds of goodies,, also a Yamaha Shop along the highway with TONS of really neat scoots to :178: over for a couple days..

Best I can do brother, HAVE fun!!!!:cool10:

Puc

PS = if you are going to different Pigeon Forge = sorry,,, no idea what to do.. Maybe take some :photographing:'s for us and come back and report about your adventure (suppose to do that anyway ya know:missingtooth:)...

Here's a shot of the Shell Station camping area in case ya need it...

DSCN0604.JPG

Edited by cowpuc

:scared: PIGEON FORGE?? Ya goin to Pigeon Forge Vipe? What da heck,, if its the same Pigeon Forge that I have ridden thru a number of times then OH HECK YA - LOTS to do done yonder!!:thumbsup:

After waving at all the tourist on the way thru, camping at and waking up behind the Shell Station - hop on the scoot - stay on the main road south outa Pigeon Forge.. Next really cool town is Gatlinburg,,, keeep going right into Smokey Mountain National Park.. Hook a right and ride the loop around Cades Cove and all that in "The Park".. Back out to main road = hook a right.. Follow it for a ways till ya exit "The Park".. Hook a left and your on your way up thru some of the most awesome riding ever = area known as "The Tail of the Dragon", AWESOME riding but dont speed = lots of :bobby:!! Stop at Deals Gap Store,, spend the day staring at the junk hanging from the tree and eating road grub from the little store,, buy a sticker for your scoot,, harrassing the bikers:Cartoon_397::stickpoke::buttkick: for an afternoon is fun too..

:lightbulb:,,, ol Smokey is FREE entrance = just saved ya enough :mo money: that now ya can go and SPLURGE at one of those AWESOME eating joints down yonder:thumbsup2:... LOTS of really good rib joints down there but I always like to eat like the southna's while in there midst and usually end up with a big ol plate of Fried Chicken with mashed taters and gravy :Laugh:....

:scratchchin:,, just thought of something,,, maybe you aint the riding type and just wanted to hang out elsewhere than that Dolly World nonsense they got down there,,, :biker::no-no-no:,,, :scratchchin:,,, lets see here.... What would I do if I werent a biker or forgot to bring Tweeks along :think:,,,, GOT IT,,, north of Pigeon Forge is another town called "Seveirville" or something like that.. They got the coolest biker leather shop there with all kinds of goodies,, also a Yamaha Shop along the highway with TONS of really neat scoots to :178: over for a couple days..

Best I can do brother, HAVE fun!!!!:cool10:

Puc

PS = if you are going to different Pigeon Forge = sorry,,, no idea what to do.. Maybe take some :photographing:'s for us and come back and report about your adventure (suppose to do that anyway ya know:missingtooth:)...

Here's a shot of the Shell Station camping area in case ya need it...

And then you can get arrested for vagrancy.

TnTviper,

Do not hang around in the town of Pigeon Forge. Its a bis tourist trap. Get in you car or on your bike and get the heck out on the road!!! THIS IS PRIME TIME OF THE YEAR FOR THE FALL COLORS!

From Pigeon Forge, go south on Hwy 441 down through Gatlinburg. Dont' take the bypass around Gatlinburg, stay on 441 right through the town. Kind of a cool looking place. Then, from Gatlinburg, keep heading south on Hwy 441 to Cherokee, NC. 441 is a nice drive, but, because it is the fall colors time of the year, the traffic is going to be heavy. The colors are going to be beautiful. From Cherokee, go west Hwy 74 to Hwy 28. Go northwest on 28 all the way to Hwy 129. This is where the Deals Gap motorcycle resort is that Cowpuc speaks of. Then go north on Hwy 129 (this is the Tail of the Dragon) until you see Foothills Parkway on your right. Go east on Foothills Parkway and follow it to Hwy 321. Go right on 321 and follow back to Pigeon Forge.

When you're on Hwy 28, go up the hill to Fontana Dam. Really pretty view of the Fontana Lake. This used to be the highest dam east of the Mississippi.

That's a different color usually there 2ft by 6ft slabs about 2ft high and painted beige. And they give you this ugly green thing they call a Matt your very lucky if it has any padding in it. But yellow line hummm. Is that the drunk tank.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

WE had Red lines. When the convict crossed them you were required to gently place him back on the other side. Unless you were a Lady. ( Not necessarily female) Then you called for help to escourt the convict back to his world. Anywho when riding I always have a Blowup swim matt with me (Blowup Dolls work also!!) but that will git you a visit back to the Redlines!! The matt does wonders for the concrete. Dolls would bust pretty easy I would think but I wouldn't know about that.:backinmyday::backinmyday:

WE had Red lines. When the convict crossed them you were required to gently place him back on the other side. Unless you were a Lady. ( Not necessarily female) Then you called for help to escourt the convict back to his world. Anywho when riding I always have a Blowup swim matt with me (Blowup Dolls work also!!) but that will git you a visit back to the Redlines!! The matt does wonders for the concrete. Dolls would bust pretty easy I would think but I wouldn't know about that.:backinmyday::backinmyday:
:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:,,,, :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:,, :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

DanL,, YOU are truly one of kind brother!!!:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Quote *YOUR OUT OF BOUNDS* Was only in couple places in Fulton,MO Mainline church,and receiving n diagnostic. Rnd is basically where you come in from county and the infermery. In county they had yellow line in the drunk tanks. Which I been in counties where they had metal beds and the others who had concrete. I wished I never listened to people who said sex was free cause 18 yrs later I'm still paying.

That's a different color usually there 2ft by 6ft slabs about 2ft high and painted beige. And they give you this ugly green thing they call a Matt your very lucky if it has any padding in it. But yellow line hummm. Is that the drunk tank.

No I was thinking yellow line in the middle of the road. Sleeping on which would not be good for you arthritis. I would think.

No I was thinking yellow line in the middle of the road. Sleeping on which would not be good for you arthritis. I would think.

I know exactly what you were saying Bob. Its just been getting a little dull around here. Which brings up another story. There used to be a Music Festival called the "Morris Brothers Festival" You should be able to Goggle that one it was pretty big for a while. I attended this Festival about 1974 give or take a couple years. Anywho I think I sampled about everything that was available there that year. And that was quite a list. A little weed of some kind The Morris Brothers grew there on the farm. Some WV Shine a bottle or so of Wine and several beers. About 3 in the morning someone shook me awake and I looked up into a State Troopers face. (wasn't Skid) He said " Son you can't sleep here" I sat up and checked things out and I was lying on the "white" line in the middle of Rt 16. Trooper was nice and just moved me over to side of road. Asked me how I got there and I told him on my motorcycle but I couldn't find it. He told me "I'm sure you will find it after you rest and left lying down in a Hayfield before he left. He made me lie down and promise I would go to sleep before he left!!! Traffic was very controlled during this thing so I don't really think I was in any danger.

I wouldn't try that Doll Bro. You have a "Doll" on the back seat that might object just a little........Love Ya Tip!!:Avatars_Gee_George:
GOT THAT BRO!!!!:thumbsup: Tip says LOVE YA and sends a :bighug:right back at cha DanL!! She's a keeper that young lady is :guitarist 2:

One time in Daytona I had a blow up doll riding in the b!7@# seat. It did get a lot of looks, laughs and comments.

:crackup:,,, hear ya brother!!

Buddy and I are out playing on the scoots - Tip n his wife were out doing lady stuff, he and I played hooky from yard work and went riding.. Time slipped away, found ourselves a good ways from home and decided we best jump on the ickspressway to beat the ladies home. Got bookin down the ickspressway, locked Tweeks throttle and slid back on Tips seat, let go of the bars - sat back and relaxed.. Buddy was :crackup:his heart out, soon he was doing the same on his Ultra Limited. Knee steering around cars, lots of :thumbsup:... When we got home I told Dave (my buddy) that it would be really cool to get a couple of those pump up dolls to carry in our trunks just in case a situation like that ever came up again. Blow em up - duc tape their hands to the grips - sit back and enjoy the ride:big-grin-emoticon:.. Didnt do it cause of what Dan pointed out:big-grin-emoticon:

:scratchchin:,,,,,, wonder who would get the ticket if "the doll" got caught speeding:stirthepot:

Well, Linda and I spent last night in Pigeon Forge after camping three nights down near Denton, TN on the Hawissee River at Gee State Campground. We had a great site and was almost alone in the campground. We decided to leave yesterday as it was supposed to rain last night and be cooler today. We did eat pretty good in PF, yesterday at the all you can eat seafood place and lunch today at Paula Dean's. Both were good, but a bit pricey.

We had great weather in the low/mid 80's and last night was the first time I put the top up on the Miata in a month as it was sprinkling in PF.

Randy

Well, Linda and I spent last night in Pigeon Forge after camping three nights down near Denton, TN on the Hawissee River at Gee State Campground. We had a great site and was almost alone in the campground. We decided to leave yesterday as it was supposed to rain last night and be cooler today. We did eat pretty good in PF, yesterday at the all you can eat seafood place and lunch today at Paula Dean's. Both were good, but a bit pricey.

We had great weather in the low/mid 80's and last night was the first time I put the top up on the Miata in a month as it was sprinkling in PF.

Randy

:scared::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2::thumbsup:

:think:,,,,, hey Rand,,,, what kind of night time temps did you and Linda experience down yonder brother? Getting some frost up here:doh:

:scared::dancefool::dancefool::clap2::clap2::thumbsup:

:think:,,,,, hey Rand,,,, what kind of night time temps did you and Linda experience down yonder brother? Getting some frost up here:doh:

We woke to temps around 60 degrees each morning. It was supposed to be about 50 this morning and then 40 for in the morning dropping to 30's for morning for the next several days.

Randy

I know exactly what you were saying Bob. Its just been getting a little dull around here. Which brings up another story. There used to be a Music Festival called the "Morris Brothers Festival" You should be able to Goggle that one it was pretty big for a while. I attended this Festival about 1974 give or take a couple years. Anywho I think I sampled about everything that was available there that year. And that was quite a list. A little weed of some kind The Morris Brothers grew there on the farm. Some WV Shine a bottle or so of Wine and several beers. About 3 in the morning someone shook me awake and I looked up into a State Troopers face. (wasn't Skid) He said " Son you can't sleep here" I sat up and checked things out and I was lying on the "white" line in the middle of Rt 16. Trooper was nice and just moved me over to side of road. Asked me how I got there and I told him on my motorcycle but I couldn't find it. He told me "I'm sure you will find it after you rest and left lying down in a Hayfield before he left. He made me lie down and promise I would go to sleep before he left!!! Traffic was very controlled during this thing so I don't really think I was in any danger.
I can remember one thing I did in the middle of a country road when I was young, on a full moon lit night and in love..... but, maybe I shouldn't talk about it here.

I can remember one thing I did in the middle of a country road when I was young, on a full moon lit night and in love..... but, maybe I shouldn't talk about it here.

Um wow, Just Wow. I would never even think such a thing. I am sure our virgin eyes are just scarred now!:innocent-emoticon: