Kyle, for sure the price is a big factor. The bracket is list around $125, $819 for the outer fairing. Add to that you need the back part of fairing @ $552 you can see it dont take long to go another way. you can get pretty mush a bolt on deal for a TD for like $300 on up. I think Hoppe makes one with radio and a lot of bells an whistles that goes for like $1100 or something.

For me it is the ease of removal with the aftermarket fairing. I had a Venture and it was a pain in the a^^ to get the fairing off for anything. I sold the Venture and picked up the RSTD a couple months ago. I love having a fairing and tunes. The aftermarket will be so much quicker to remove for maintenance or any other reason that I might need to. My Reckless has shipped and is supposed to be here tomorrow.

When I was looking to upgrade from my 900 vulcan, I had a couple priorities. I had put a reckless fairing on it and liked it. But I wanted a "touring" bike. Cruise was probably #1. I thought I needed on board intercom and radio also. Knowing what I do now the TD would have been just fine I think and use a sena headset. But a fairing does give a bit more protection, but the windshields are decent too.

Got my Reckless on. Not the best pics. I will get more later when I actually get it out of the garage when there is no snow. Pretty easy install. It did sit a little far forward for me so I drilled some different holes in the mounting brackets to tilt it back some. Other than that no issues at all.

2015-01-10 13.17.42 (640x480).jpg

2015-01-09 19.50.13 (640x360).jpg

2015-01-10 13.16.49 (640x480).jpg

2015-01-10 13.17.02 (640x480).jpg

2015-01-10 13.18.05 (640x480).jpg

Got my Reckless on. Not the best pics. I will get more later when I actually get it out of the garage when there is no snow. Pretty easy install. It did sit a little far forward for me so I drilled some different holes in the mounting brackets to tilt it back some. Other than that no issues at all.

Looking forward to your review of this.

• 1 month later...
I got it...lol. The fairing looks great, thx for the pics, I see the holes you drilled to rock it back slightly. how much did every thing run with the stereo and speakers ?

Right around $900 for everything. Even with having to drill the extra holes, it took maybe a half hour at most to install and wire it with the included quick detach harness.