IGNORED

1300 engine problem

OK, first of all, welcome to the forum.

Can you give us a little history as in did this happen all at once?

How long have you had the bike?

Did it lock up while you were riding it?

Have you put it on the center stand and moved the rear wheel while trying to shift it?

Did you take the round cover off the engine on the left side and put a socket on the nut and try to move the crank?

If you put a socket and bar on the crank nut, when crank stops moving, is it sudden stop?

OK, here are a few things to think about and maybe we can help out a little better.

RandyA

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I just purchased this bike from a member. I do not know any history except that the seller said he bought it with the problem. I can rotate the crankshaft almost one full rotation. The crank will get hard to move about half way but will continue with some force. When it stops it stops solid.

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I just purchased this bike from a member. I do not know any history except that the seller said he bought it with the problem. I can rotate the crankshaft almost one full rotation. The crank will get hard to move about half way but will continue with some force. When it stops it stops solid.

I suspect you have a cylinder that got rusty from getting water in it. That is why I asked if it stopped suddenly, or would still move some. You may have to take the carbs and manifolds off so you can look down into the top of the valves. If there has been water in it, you will see a lot of crud on top of the valves.

RandyA

That did not work either.

Yeah, it went for $237.50 with five bids and no I did not bid on it. I tend to be a last second bidder and will list my maximum bid that I am willing to pay. If it goes for more than that, then I don't feel like I lost out on anything.

Just curious, did you do more than the one bid? I started to call you earlier, but you did not have your phone number in your profile.

RandyA