IGNORED

Completed my Iron Butt today- only took 21 hours

VentureFar

Started out at 0300 saturday morning heading north through Sacramento from Los Angeles, Made a Left north of Sacramento at Williams, then to Ukiah where the cliche' "parts fall off of HD motorcycles" happened. The rear cylinder exhaust pipe flange came undone as the bolts dropped out on the highway somewhere. The good ol HD dealer in Ukiah to the rescue and we were back on the road through San Francisco and Santa Barbara - total miles 1043. in 21 hours.

Anyone planning an IB ride this season?

PS Special thanks to Rick Butler for making my seat so comfortable I didn't need an Iron Butt to do my Iron Butt ride.

VentureFar...

Edited by VentureFar

Congrats and woo hoo! I too will be doing the IB 1000 this year and will try a 1500 at some point. Riding from Florida to Tennessee has me very confident I can do this event with time to spare. It does help to have the seats mod via Rick Butler, which I have :)

Congrats on your first Saddlesore 1000. It is always an experience doing the first one.

As for anyone else doing any this year...I do one on just about every ride I take.

It takes a little bit of time to have all the paperwork approved by the time you send it in to the IBA, but you will love it when you get your IBA certificate.

Again...Congratulations.

:backinmyday:

I've had the wild and crazy thought about doing one of these myself. From where I live, if I go thru OKC, it is just over 1k miles from my house to the Mum's. OKC is almost exactly halfway so I could take a break and visit the Auntie [my Dad's lil sister] on the way.

I would never have thought of doing this on my 650. Considering the way that bike rides, I wouldn't be able to walk by the end of the trip, IF I made it that far. The TC is a very different matter. I rode it home :680: [approx. 1400 mi w/detour to La.] after I bought it and could still walk when I got here. Now that it is set up for me and not it's 6 ft+ PO, it should be even easier. The only question is do I use the "Butlerized" stock seat or the Mustang that came with it? I rode it home using the Mustang even though I can't quite flatfoot it with that seat on it. And I've been using the stock seat on it ever since. OH FUN!!

Awesome. Did mine last year. 1065 in 19:45. Basically went from my place in Michigan to Knoxville Tennessee for dinner and turned around and went home. I would like to do a bun burner this year. Probably do it by myself.

Don't ride with a Harley buddy, almost guaranteed to have an issue and need repair ( cost us an extra hour) - but if you are riding with a HD buddy then go on a day that the HD service centers are open.

Have to tell you all, we walk into the service center at Ukiah HD and the guy behind the counter asked my buddy if he can help him -- and that conversation happens. Then a second guy behind the counter not knowing we are together asks me if he can help me. I replied so everyone ( the other 3 HD riders on trips with broken HD's) could hear me. No, I really don't need any at a repair shop, I ride a Yamaha.

They all laughed, even the guys behind the counter.

VentureFar...