IGNORED

Stator question

calgaryrider

After replacing the stator and sealing the cover, are you supposed to refill it with oil or will it draw oil from the rest of the system?

thanks

Markus(calgaryrider)

At a minimum, put it on the center stand and check oil in sight glass on lower right side of motor block.

If it half way up glass it is full.

Gary

The motor oil is good. What I'm wondering is will the stator jacket draw oil from the oil system for cooling, or do I need to top it up thru the 1/2" plug on stator cover. Dipped a wire in there and not registering any oil.

Thank

Markus(calgaryrider)

I didn't really answer his question very well now that I see all the replies & counter replies.

I was still thinking how to erase my internet foot print where I admitted riding a German engineered HD, and sort of liked it. The shame of it all.

Gary

I didn't really answer his question very well now that I see all the replies & counter replies.

I was still thinking how to erase my internet foot print where I admitted riding a German engineered HD, and sort of liked it. The shame of it all.

Gary

I think the rule was no pictures, it didn't happen:stirthepot:

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/IMG_2419sr.jpg

I think it is too late now:doh:

I think the rule was no pictures, it didn't happen:stirthepot:

I think it is too late now:doh:

Ya, but technically, I am just standing by it thinking, 'This looks like a Shriner's minicycle'.

:sign02: :sign cmon:

Gary