IGNORED

best cleaning products??

treecol

I've been cleaning the new bike for some days now, completely stripped her down to get to all those little nooks & crannies.

This is my 1st Yamaha, I've heard their paint is much thicker than other manufacturers & so far it seems it is true. I've always used Mer on my bikes as it cleans paint & chrome without scratching, but it really doesn't suit this paint & as she's black, the film left behind by it looks terrible. So I gave her a good T-Cut, which should have removed anything on there (pervious owner only used Mer) used Mer again, still had coating of film. So what do you all find best for your bikes??

I really like Maguires products. I use their Ultimate wax, it's a synthetic and it goes on and dries clear so it works well on Black paint. I've used it on my wifes black car and my blue and black RSTD as well. It goes on easy and comes off easy. I use their Scratch fix for any small scratches or swirl marks and that ultimate detailer in between waxes for touchup cleanings to save on water. I've had a lot of people ask what I use because even after a week or two of use with no cleaning it still looks good.

Guest tx2sturgis
bee careful with the lemon scent those stingers hurt!

:crackup:

Yeah they do....but the only bees around where I live are brought in by the bee services for crop pollination. This is an agricultural area and the crop insecticide spraying that goes on around here have pretty much decimated the natural beneficial insect population. Oh yeah, we still have mosquitos, flies, junebugs, cicadas, roaches, and moths, but not much else.

Its been years since I've seen a bee around here. I guess when the killer bees arrive I will have to wear a mask when I polish up my bike? :yikes:

I know what your talking about on the black when I bought mine I rub and polished till I was sick of it trying to remove that film and spider webs. Finally I used Maguires scratch X with a harbor freight 6'' polisher after repeated coats I finally got that deep shine I wanted without the swirls and spider webs that shows up on black so well. Follow that with any wax you want. I tried pledge but didn't like it for me Plexus works so much better it seems expensive but I can clean my hole bike numerous times on one can between washes. I would also recommend some microsoft towels or whatever there called. A black terry cloth towel works good for drying a black bike without showing the lint.