IGNORED

1st Gen horn mounting strips.....anybody?

OK, here is an odd request. On the 1st gen where the horn mounts to the bracket on the frame there are sets of thin metal strips between the horn and the bracket. I suppose the sets of thin strips are to counter act the virbration. When I upgraded my horns and driving light brackets I tossed those OEM strips. Why keep 'em right?

Well I have changed my light brackets again to a different type and I find the need of those strips to hang the horns. I made a couple of hangers from aluminum flat stock but they are showing signs of weakening already this year. Too much vibration.

Anybody that has done a horn upgrade that might still have those strips laying around that would be willing to part with them? I think each side had 3 or 4 strips for each mount.

Thanks

Mike

Gary, you don't happen to have a spare right MKII Passenger Footrest lying around ?

I only need the Rubber Inserts, in Fact i only need the rear most.

(I placed an Ad here Months ago, but no one seems to have one)

Gary, you don't happen to have a spare right MKII Passenger Footrest lying around ?

I only need the Rubber Inserts, in Fact i only need the rear most.

(I placed an Ad here Months ago, but no one seems to have one)

I have a spare left, but not a right.

Gary

Might have some on the 87 parts bike, I might know where to ship them too pretty cheap. I'll get into it tonite, bikes kinda buried in the garage with my son re-arching the rear leaf springs in his 79 Camaro....

Might have some on the 87 parts bike, I might know where to ship them too pretty cheap. I'll get into it tonite, bikes kinda buried in the garage with my son re-arching the rear leaf springs in his 79 Camaro....

Dang!! That pic of the garage kinda looks familiar.....:whistling:

Thanks Dan, would be great if you'd have one, shipping them right now is not necessary. Let me know how much you get for them.

The Package arrived safely, but accidently got on it's Way to Las Cruces, NM. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Oh well ... s..t happens :250::250::250:

regarding the Garage Pic ... YES, looks quite familiar, i have on of those Garages too ...

BUT !!! I'm missing that sweet Camaro !!!

I'd love to have one next to the Bike Stable !!