IGNORED

Passing Light: Hollow Bolt broken

bknsaddle

The hollow bolt in my passing light is broken. It's the one that screws into the turn signal from the passing light bucket. Had to do a roadside temporary repair while on a trip.

Have searched, but have not found a source for these. Dealer is no help.

Does anyone know a source or part number?

Assuming that the part numbers for the Passing Lamps are the same for the Venture and RSTD, STR-4XY35-1O-OO, the bolt is indicated as Item 9 on the attached parts list. No size is given.

I will have to pull out the good one tonight to get size/tread/length.....

Part number for the mounting hardware is STR-4XY35-40-00

I'm thinking we need the size of the bolt and maybe we can find someone with that bolt. Apparently they don't break it down to individual pieces for the mounting hardware.. "Special Bolt" :whistling:really does not tell us much in the instructions.

Yea, a little frustrating. I'll have to pull the good one apart tonight after work and take it up to the hardware store to try and figure out the size.

I must admit I've never seen a bolt like it in any hardware store......:(

PGunn and Flyinfool: Thanks for the info!

Mine do not have a hex head. They have a tall metric bolt head....can't remember size at the moment. Not sure if that is the only difference (size/thread pitch/length) from the thread started by iquester for his '97...............

If it has a carriage bolt head you could get a piece of aluminum flat stock from Home Depot and stack the sizes, some to fit in the groove for the square on the bottom of the bolt head and one to compress them into place.

I should of kept my notes from when I had to replace one of mine. I too broke the hollow bolt for the passing lamp years ago when someone backed into my V-Star and knocked it over. The Venture uses the same bolt. Yamaha was no help - wanted me to buy the whole light bar! I'm lucky these folks a "just down the road" from me. I took the broken bolt and they matched it up for like $1.85. Give them a call, send them an email with a picture and the size. Great helpful folks.

Austin Bolt Co.

2001 Rutland Drive

Austin, TX 78758

(512) 836-1611