IGNORED

How long before bowls evaporate?

tz89

If a bike sits, how long before the float bowls evaporate leaving residue behind? This is just a theoretical question my brother and I debated. What do you think? How long before the well runs dry?

Being in the watering hole, when I read the title the first thought I had was the cat's water bowl. :rotf:

I would guess "months" for the carbs to dry out, but I'm not a chemist nor a mechanic. Sounds like a candidate for another seafoam article.

hi tom i think this is a good question. i don't have any idea. but living in south texas the temps in the garage where i park my bike can get really toasty. i do not have an insulated garage or door. so the temps can go really high if the outside air temps are over a 100 as they can do here. but up in your neck of the woods i would not think there would be much of a problem. but this is my 2 cents worth.

reguards

don c.

Uhhhh, how tight did you pack your "bowl" and how many are smoking it???:confused24:

That bowl empties out over night, there's another one that needs to have the handle pushed, and the cat says to leave hers alone.

Last time I ran the scoot was Wed last week. Went to start it yesterday (Monday) and it took 2 full shots of pumping time to fill the bowls, that's my story and I'm sticking to it,,, maybe.

I agree .... it depends .... you would need a CSI crew and an hour.... 40 minutes without comercials to tell for sure but yes it depends on temprature and enviroment.

One thing I did learn last week was on average your gasoline in the tank will lose about 2 of your octane.... so if you put 87 octane into the tank and let it sit for a month it is only 85 octane... another month and it is 83 and so on. The moral is... if you are going to park it for a while put high test into it so when you go start up again you got go go juice left. yup and high test is selling for about 1.479 a liter around here.