IGNORED

So...nice weather...no bike.

darthandy

Well, I'm waiting for my RSV seats to get back from Rick Butler and my clutch kit from Earl. No problem...got my Triumph "summerized" on Sunday and took her for a quick shakedown cruise. Seems OK but steering seemed a bit heavy even though I had checked the tire pressure. OK, something to check for the next time. Went out to use her today and quickly realized that the front tire is nearly flat (2 season old Michelin with only about 7,000 km)...what the...? Checked more closely and discovered that the tire valve is split and nearly falling off. I had forgotten to ask for new valves when the tires were installed in July /2010 and it seems most shops don't do it automatically. So...I get to pull off the wheels and bring them in to have new valves installed (At $34 per wheel!) and, as a bonus, they won't try to save my Dyna Beads, so those will have to be replaced later, by me. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH! 10 bucks says the 55 F + temps we've been having will disappear by the time I can get this done or get my RSV parts in/back.

As before....AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

Andy

Most shops wont recommend changing the valve stems on their own and most of the time we tend to forget to ask for one. When I worked in the auto repair trade many years ago we always recommended a new valve stem. Most of the shops I dealt with wouldnt even consider a tire swap without a new stem. Let the buyer beware.....

I had the day off and decided to put the new tires on this morning. And change the oil. And grease the drive shaft. And clean the hub. And check the pads. And do this that and the other.

During the process it hits 80 degrees and the sun comes out.

About dark I got done and got out long enough to start scuffing up the new shoes.

Now I got bugs all over my windscreen. BUGS! In March! Geesh.

Mike

Nice weather here too, and everyone is riding but me.... My 85 is still waiting to be finished up at the body shop, it should only be another week or so. We are still waiting for a rear luggage guard to show up.

As soon as its together, it gonna be time for a ride....:banana:

Brian

Nice weather here too, and everyone is riding but me.... My 85 is still waiting to be finished up at the body shop, it should only be another week or so. We are still waiting for a rear luggage guard to show up.

As soon as its together, it gonna be time for a ride....:banana:

Brian

Yup something wrong with the world when in March the weather is better in Saskatchewan than in BC. Snow all around us today but cold and wet in Victoria. This sucks crappy weather and I am not working or riding.

Yup something wrong with the world when in March the weather is better in Saskatchewan than in BC. Snow all around us today but cold and wet in Victoria. This sucks crappy weather and I am not working or riding.

Nope, I gotta disagree with ya, the world is just right....lol.:stickpoke:

Actually I am almost always riding by March 15th so its not all that early....only a week or so around here.

Brian