IGNORED

need advice on trailer

bikerjohn

I'd consider that on the heavy side for behind a motocycle. Especialy weighing that much empty. Most mc trailers weight in between 150lbs to about 200lbs give or take a few.

Price don't seem bad especialy if you can get it at your offering point.

Ask the seller if you could take it for a tow demo behind the bike. You'll get a very good idea then if this is for you or not. :080402gudl_prv:

Larry

agree, too much weight. You can get any number of decent lightly used trailers for $1000 that are appropriate for a bike, also, many new ones sell for less than that.

Was that a camper? If a camper, then my comments about price above aren't quite right! :)

Considering that the Venture itself weight 800lbs. the trailer would be almost doubling the weight even before its filled then with you and a passenger you could be pulling or trying to move 1700 lbs down the road. If nothing else the wear on the clutch will be enormous and Gawd help you if it gets squirelly on you. I''d say forget it Find yourself a good used utility trailer and a car top carrier and build one yourself.

i tried to post early this morning and a transformer blew and wipe me out. i've never pulled a trailer with my second gen and would not think a trailer that heavy would be a good idea with the brakes the way they are on the second gens.of course i know someone will say they upgraded their front brakes to the super duper v-max 4-piston monster stoping system. go ahead!! make my day!!! and i'll call myself ignorant before you do. ha, take that.:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::no-no-no::rasberry::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::witch_brew::ORANGE::bowdown:

pulling a trailer is no problem, just get up graded pads, and be ready to change them out often ( Hens My Call Sign )

this is the Matrix I e-mailed you about. weighs in at 197 empty, It will hold 550 lbs of stuff, and its been to the max weigh limit a few times

Edited by Brake Pad