You need the themostat on these machines to keep the temperature up to the operating range. At least that is my opinion and that of many professional mechanics. I used to take thermostats out of vehicles in the summer and put them back for winter, but modern engines are designed differently than a 59 Ford six cylinder. And if you haven't changed a themostat in these beasts, you are in for some work.

:farmer:

i Here in Florida I take out the thermostat on my trucks and cars no nee for heat and that's really the only use for one in a car. But what about a 1999 1300 Venture will it effect fan etc... or nothing?????

Its best to leave your thermostat in. Engines are designed to operate at a certain temperature. Especially fuel injected vehicles. If they are running to cool they will be running in an enrichment mode (kind of like driving with the choke on) resulting in to rich of an air/fuel misture.

Yup you need to leave them in. Really dont have to much to do with heaters any more. If you take them out you loose some of the retriciton to the water flow. Sounds godd but it aint. If the water moves to fast it dont pick up any of the heat along the way and strange as it may seem run hot. What I use to do on my race cars once I found this out was we use to take the center plunger thing out and leave the big "washer" looking part. It slowed down the flow enough it cooled but still had good flow. My Cummins in my PU is really strange looking to watch work. The engine gets to about 190 and then all of a suddden you can watch the gauge and it will drop to like 140-150. Then when it gets back up to 190 it opens again. From what I have been told thats they way its suposed to work. Everything I have worked on is more of a gradual open till full open and then just flows all the time. The Cummins is like its taking drinks of water.

Wrenchrob is CORRECT I've really researched this and the fuel mixture will change based on the cars temp. What happens is the car DOES run cooler without it. There fore it does not reach it's required operating temp. IT WILL NOT EVER RUN HOTTER due to coolant flow being at its max all the time, reason being once the thermostat opens it's open period. With that being said NOT ALL cars have the same type of thermostats or FUEL INJECTION which is computer adjusted (In newer cars) and there's about a ZILLION opinions out there about this so the ANSWER IS "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON"T FIX IT" Thanks guys!!!!!!

Wrenchrob is CORRECT I've really researched this and the fuel mixture will change based on the cars temp. What happens is the car DOES run cooler without it. There fore it does not reach it's required operating temp. IT WILL NOT EVER RUN HOTTER due to coolant flow being at its max all the time, reason being once the thermostat opens it's open period. With that being said NOT ALL cars have the same type of thermostats or FUEL INJECTION which is computer adjusted (In newer cars) and there's about a ZILLION opinions out there about this so the ANSWER IS "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON"T FIX IT" Thanks guys!!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment but I was only half right. Under certain conditions if you have a high flowing radiator and cooling system it can actually flow too fast to be cooled in the radiator. I have heard of this hapening in high RPM situations. In a fuel injected car before "chips" became popular and affordable one trick was to put a cooler thermostat in causing mor fuel and than combine that with more air flow and guess what........? MORE POWER and poor FUEL ECONOMY!:cool10:

Yea we use to "fool" the early generation FI (throttle body GM) by changing the thermostats and acouple other things. I had like a 96 Dodge Dakota pick up with the last year of the 318. That thing had the most awful part to mid throttle ping. I got to reading up on it and found it was thermostat related. Dodge had put like a 210 thermo in them to meeet emissions. Running hotter burned unburnt fuel. So after reading up on it I put in a 190 and never had the ping again.

Cycles you get that clutch thing sorted out man?