IGNORED

RSV Center Stand Auction on Ebay for St Judes

dingy

I am donating a center stand for a RSV bike. The stand is listed on ebay at the following link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170742183307?item=170742183307&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Write up on installing it is at following link:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1427

Duration of this auction is through 12/11/2011 6:45pm EST approximately.

Opening price is $99.99, buy it now for $249.99.

Shipping is $15.00 to US lower 48 states.

My ebay fee & paypal fee will be deducted from selling price and balance will be donated to St. Jude's Children's Hospital via DragonRider (Lewis Cramer).

Decided to sell it through Ebay to try and get some more exposure for it.

If you are interested in bidding on this and don't have an ebay account, PM me and we can figure a way to do this. I can't bid on my own item, but I have friends.

Remember this is not only a center stand, its a donation for kids.

Gary

Members here never cease to amaze me...........Thanks for your efforts on behalf of the kids of St. Jude.

I am donating a center stand for a RSV bike. The stand is listed on ebay at the following link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170742183307?item=170742183307&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

Write up on installing it is at following link:

Duration of this auction is through 12/11/2011 6:45pm EST approximately.

Opening price is $99.99, buy it now for $249.99.

Shipping is $15.00 to US lower 48 states.

My ebay fee & paypal fee will be deducted from selling price and balance will be donated to St. Jude's Children's Hospital via DragonRider (Lewis Cramer).

Decided to sell it through Ebay to try and get some more exposure for it.

If you are interested in bidding on this and don't have an ebay account, PM me and we can figure a way to do this. I can't bid on my own item, but I have friends.

Remember this is not only a center stand, its a donation for kids.

Gary

Come on guy's

I know this has been requested in the near past & Freebird had quit making them.

Remember, it's for some deserving kids.

I am donating my cost when I bought this stand.

More than 1 of you must want it. That's what makes an auction exiting.

:sign cmon:

Gary

My wonderful wife just put in a bid for my Christmas Present.

And you are the winner !!

I will get it packaged up & sent to you soon.

I just emailed DragonRider the profit from the auction which was $86.01

Paypal & Ebay got $13.98

Thank You,

Gary

Dingy and Dave3's wife have kick started next years fund raising for St. Jude Children's Hospital. Thanks to both. I will be doing shirts, hats, and pins for St. Jude soon.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've been wanting to put a center. Stand on since I bought my RSV. Don't know why they're. not standard equipment. I'm glad the $ is going to the Hospital.

• 2 weeks later...

Dingy,

I received the stand the other day. I had time to install it yesterday, it went on easy.

I tried to lift the bike, but it wouldn't go all the way. I think the front brackets are squeezing the stand. The stand doesn't move freely without the spring.

Is it possible that the front brackets should be mounted to the inside of the stand bracket instead of the way it came to me. Did you have the stand mounted in this configuration?

Dingy,

I received the stand the other day. I had time to install it yesterday, it went on easy.

I tried to lift the bike, but it wouldn't go all the way. I think the front brackets are squeezing the stand. The stand doesn't move freely without the spring.

Is it possible that the front brackets should be mounted to the inside of the stand bracket instead of the way it came to me. Did you have the stand mounted in this configuration?

Dave,

I never had this on a bike. I have a 1st gen.

I got this from a member here earlier this year. I knew Freebird had been making them, but quit doing it. I got this one to see if it was something I wanted to persue making, but then I decided not to.

Don (Freebird) looked at pictures I had taken and thought it was an intact stand with a set of extra brackets for it. He did not indicate if it was one he had built.

1st option would be to confirm it was installed per the thread below.

I hope Don will see this and offer and suggestions he may have, or send him a PM.

I attached some of the pictures I took of this so maybe other members that have one can help. One of the pictures is from the install thread showing the mounting closeup.

Gary

Edited by dingy

I took the stand off the bike and reversed the front brackets from the outside to the inside, put the stand back on and it works like a charm. Of course I had to use the thick of rolling the rear wheel up on a 2x4 to get more leverage.

Thanks again.