IGNORED

Looking for Hill Country (TX) property-home

V7Goose

Just thought I'd try a Hail Mary here -who knows when you might connect -

We have been looking for the perfect retirement home/property in the Texas Hill Country for the past year - found lots of interesting places, but nothing just right yet. Want 10+ acres for privacy and hunting, plus a decent home Privacy and seclusion a must, live water a HUGE plus. Willing to buy separate hunting property if we find the right home site on too small acreage Our favorite areas are Bandera, Wimberly, and Llano, but anywhere in the Hill Country is possible. On the very slight chance anyone out there has a lead on Hill Country property, give me a shout!

Goose

We have been looking/thinking of a move for a while, we also want something specific and not having much luck. Seems like you find something that would work, something seems to bugger it up.

Hope it works for you, as I know it can get frustrating.

Brad

Jana and I looked for ten years and while sitting in a doctor's waiting room I was reading a rag out of boredom and found an ad for property. Sounded interesting and I made an appointment for the next day. To shorten a long story, we wrote a check for the land the day we saw it. Had everything we wanted and now our house has been built and we have four happy years living here now. The hunting is a big plus.

:farmer:

Here's something to think about. You ISP. No such thing as DSL this far out. You can forget Hughes or Bluesky or any Sat isp. To much latency to be usable. I tried. Remote desktop or anything like it is a total loss and the grand kids could not play many games . So you have to be on a wireless. I am on Internet America. Best I can get is 3 to 4 MBPS. And that's after they upgrade their tower to MIMO. And then theres your cell service. Depending on which side of the hill your on you may have to put a repeater in your house. What ever you look at check the bars on your phone while in the house..

Guest tx2sturgis
. What ever you look at check the bars on your phone while in the house..

Or better yet, go check out the bars in person....gotta know if it's biker friendly!

;-)

I have a small 100 acre ranch for sale outside of Gatesville. It has nice houses garages carports and a large metal workshop. It also has several wells, a stock pond and a swimming hole. Perhaps a little out of your area but not far. If you are interested pm me and I will send you some contact information.

May not be geographically where you want to be, but I know of a place in the Centerville -Crockett area off of I45. 300+ acres with a nice house. PM me and I'll give you the fellow's name and phone #. Or if you want, call me. Cell # is on my profile.

I appreciate all the suggestions and ideas - keep 'em comin'.

I have a small 100 acre ranch for sale outside of Gatesville. It has nice houses garages carports and a large metal workshop. It also has several wells, a stock pond and a swimming hole. Perhaps a little out of your area but not far. If you are interested pm me and I will send you some contact information.
Thanx Mike - Gatesville is a nice area and it sounds interesting - we are in contact.

There is a Place near Johnson City,Tx with I think 30 acres,4 bedroom big house but it's what I consider high dollar but river frontage. $495,O00
Hey Tom, sure sorry I missed you the two times I stopped by this week. We picked up the trailer on the way home yesterday morning - what an UGLY day for a ride! 300 miles in nothing but solid muddy road spray and low 40s! I'll give you a call later and see if you have any more information on that property - sounds interesting.

May not be geographically where you want to be, but I know of a place in the Centerville -Crockett area off of I45. 300+ acres with a nice house. PM me and I'll give you the fellow's name and phone #. Or if you want, call me. Cell # is on my profile.
Wes, there is some really nice property out in that direction, but we have decided we definitely want to stay west of I35 and in the Hill Country. I do appreciate the tip though. Thanx

Goose

I appreciate all the suggestions and ideas - keep 'em comin'.Thanx Mike - Gatesville is a nice area and it sounds interesting - we are in contact.

Hey Tom, sure sorry I missed you the two times I stopped by this week. We picked up the trailer on the way home yesterday morning - what an UGLY day for a ride! 300 miles in nothing but solid muddy road spray and low 40s! I'll give you a call later and see if you have any more information on that property - sounds interesting.

Wes, there is some really nice property out in that direction, but we have decided we definitely want to stay west of I35 and in the Hill Country. I do appreciate the tip though. Thanx

Goose

There are some nice places over there. I have a few friends that have ranches over there and that is where I was when I missed you. Had my dad over there deer hunting. He killed a nice 13 point. Great area. Sorry I missed you.

I have about 3.5 acres west of Fredericksburg. From my gate down to Kerrville through the three sisters and home is about 250 miles. There are a lot of other good riding roads in the area. The drawbacks are that cell phone coverage is crappy in the area, internet access is not up to the level found in metropolitan areas, you have to drill for water and in some places that may be a little difficult. The up side is more than I can type at one sitting. Around the Fredericksburg - Kerrville - Junction area there is a lot of property for sale. When I was looking a couple of years ago, one spot near F'burg was 90K for 3 acres and restrictions out the kazoo. There was a subdivision with 10 acre plots, reasonably priced, but still some restrictions. My property had no restrictions, and was about 10K per acre. From what it seems to me, going east the land is less rocky, closer to amenities, but more expensive. As you go west from me, a bit drier, rocky in spots, but land costs are more reasonable. Not there full time yet, we still have some moving about to do before we settle, but that is some really awesome country. Even on a blistering hot day a ride along the Guadalupe river is downright pleasant and good therapy. Good luck with your hunting.