IGNORED

Sell the Valkyrie?

Wolf

I've never gotten to get a close look at the Victory's, but they do appear to be a heck of a nice bike. I did like the Voyager a lot, but when I was finally able to get my hands on one I was a little disappointed in the bags / trunk. They feel pretty flimsy and didn't give me much confidence that they would hold up over time. If you find out different, please let me know because other than that I really like the bike.

to much plastic on the Kaw. It is a nice looking bike. I spent a lot of time looking at it before I bought my venture. The first year they came out, I think 09, they had a heat problem. This was fixed on the 10. A lot of people had problems with them stalling out when down shifting to second gear. don't know if that was fixed. I would go with the cross country full tour if I had the $$.

Having had a 2000 Valkyrie Interstate, and test ridden all the bikes you are considering, I think you will be sorry you made the switch for the sake of change. I wouldn't take any of those bikes over yours. Hopefully Yamaha will get it's act together within a coule of years, and use the new V-max engine to build another great Venture. Ron

Its all relative, if you don't like the Kaw, then how easy will it be to sell it or even come close to a decent trade. If that Valk is running great, would not even consider trading for a Kaw.

The Kawi is at the tail end of the list, but i have not ridden one yet either. The Valk is a terrific bike, but I want a different foot position and cc is a must, which it does not have.

Guest tx2sturgis
.... and cc is a must, which it does not have.

CCs? Isn't the Valkrie a 1500?

Thats 200 more cc's than the Venture.

But yeah the foot position on the Valkries was the main factor for me....I love the comfort of the Venture.

Not bashing any bikes!

Ultra Classic - lack of leg room and heat from the engine still would like to own one but the $$ is the killer for me

Voyager - nice bike but lack of leg room - flimsy plastic bags and trunk would not hold up for me like Tupperware and the heat from motor

Vision - Plenty of leg room like the ride and saddle bags and trunk are well made would hold up for me BUT I still think they are UGLY Oh and its well Balance too....

Second Gen. best leg room well made bags & trunk rides out smooth BUT out of all the touring bikes its the worst one for being top heavy...

Gold Wing GL1800 worst leg room for anyone over 6ft has the best balance - ride - pure power but its covered in Tupperware - but still love them

Valkyrie Interstate - basically a naked Gold Wing but meaner! has the biggest fuel tank and like the GL1800 well balanced - smooth ride but is the weakest link for having electronics

I know the Valkyrie does not have the electronics your looking for but I afraid you will be disappointed after being on the Valkyrie due to the awesome power - smooth ride and top of the line balanced motors!!!

Now out of the touring bikes if I was going for Electronics and only Electronics I would go with the Victory Vision I test rode one and I like the set-up but dang they are ulgy

The Kawi is at the tail end of the list, but i have not ridden one yet either. The Valk is a terrific bike, but I want a different foot position and cc is a must, which it does not have.

you could put cruise control on it

its not hard easy to do in half a day

i just sold a 99 valky interstate with 39k miles i got 7k for the bike and then bought an 06 rstd the same day for 6k with only 9k miles. so far i love the rstd. the reason i sold the valky was it was too top heavy with my wife on the back, almost turned it over a couple of times with her on the back. the rstd i dont even know shes back there. the ride is smoother to me than the valky to me. also there more aftermarket stuff out there for the rs, gets BETTER fuel milage than the valky. parts are getting harder to find for the valky. so i thought id get something newer while i could still sell the valky. i dont think you could go wrong with the rs plus you would have a newer bike. just my opinion stan

To be honest, I am giving serious consideration to the RSTD, but I wish it had somewhere close to the electrical capacity of the Valkyrie. A Road Glide Ultra is at the top of the list as well...

i believe you would like the RSTD - i've done some add-ons to mine and my wife and i love to ride..............

Valk foot position stoped me from getting one and no overdrive, but the rest is pretty cool!

Although I wanted a RSTD originally, they were only 30lbs lighter than the RSV and you miss out on all the added electronics and a little extra storage. If I'm going to haul around that much weight around, I want it all!

I have a Honda Sabre for the really fun rides!