IGNORED

Headset without the helmet speakers

OK...just a question here regarding the use of the fairing speakers for sound, but wanting to use a headset to be able to transmit.

In other words, is there a way to use the external speakers for ALL SOUND, but add a mic to my helmet so that I can use the transmit function of the audio system.

Wally

OK...just a question here regarding the use of the fairing speakers for sound, but wanting to use a headset to be able to transmit.

In other words, is there a way to use the external speakers for ALL SOUND, but add a mic to my helmet so that I can use the transmit function of the audio system.

Wally

yes find an old headset and cut the speakers off. P,lug into the plug where the whole headset plugs into and set the system on speakers. I do this with mine all the time. I have a mic for my half helmet and listen throught the fairing speakers. Works fine. I

OK...Rick, I'm a little DENSE most of the time.

You said find an OLD headset, cut the speakers off of it. Then plug it in and then turn the audio controller to SP? Is that right?

Why isn't that the same as leaving the speakers connected and turning the audio controller to SP? I know I am misunderstanding something.

Wally

Wally,

When we 1st got into the touring bikes I spend a decent amount of money on our headsets. They are J&M and I built the setup that is in our helmets. They dont have speakers just the boom mic and hookup on the side of the helmet. The clarity was what I was worried about when I transmitted on the CB and I wasn't disappointed. I listen to the music and the CB transmissions over the speakers on the bike. You can buy a less expensive set and as others mentioned, cut the speaker leads off which will also work.

OK...Rick, I'm a little DENSE most of the time.

You said find an OLD headset, cut the speakers off of it. Then plug it in and then turn the audio controller to SP? Is that right?

Why isn't that the same as leaving the speakers connected and turning the audio controller to SP? I know I am misunderstanding something.

Wally

:think: well me too. If you run the headset with the helmet speakers then it has to be set at the HS posaition. If you remove the headset speakers but leave the rest hooked up (mic) you will then need to switch it to SP so you can hear it but will be able to transmit also with the headset mic.

You don't need to remove the ear pieces of the headsets. If you plug the headset in and switch the audio system to speaker the ear pieces are turned off. The mic will still transmit for the CB (the intercom only works with the headset speakers).

You only need to cut them off if you don't want them in the helmet.