IGNORED

got a good question!!

Grandpagak

Go to UserCP. Scroll down until you see "edit options" in the left menu. Then scroll down to "display options". In the drop down menu beside "thread display mode", change it to "Linear - oldest first". If I am misunderstanding what you want...if you want the newest posts to be at the top, change it to "Linear - Newest First".

Go to UserCP. Scroll down until you see "edit options" in the left menu. Then scroll down to "display options". In the drop down menu beside "thread display mode", change it to "Linear - oldest first". If I am misunderstanding what you want...if you want the newest posts to be at the top, change it to "Linear - Newest First".

Mine is set to Linear-Oldest First.

Threads are displayed top down ... those having the most recent posts will appear at the top, those having the oldest post will appear at the bottom. I always display "New Posts" rather than "Home" although even displaying it that way, it still appears to work the same way.

"Oldest first" Seems a little opposite and mis-leading to how things are displayed.

Don i believe that you are on the right track.. every time i go to a tread it starts at the bottom of the page and i have to scroll up to the top and start back down.. i went to and tried doing what you said (both ways ) but it seemed to make no never mind.. but thanx for try'in to help..:smile11:

Threads are displayed top down ... those having the most recent posts will appear at the top, those having the oldest post will appear at the bottom. I always display "New Posts" rather than "Home" although even displaying it that way, it still appears to work the same way.

"Oldest first" Seems a little opposite and mis-leading to how things are displayed.

mine displays every thing from the bottom of the page.. meaning that when i go into a page , the page will go right to the bottom and then i gotta go to scroll back up to the top... wierd!! kinda like im chinese or sumthing?????:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Having said the above, when I open a Thread, it does display Oldest Post first and I have to scroll down to get to the most recent Post.

And if I change the Options to Linear-Newest first, then the most recent Post will be at the top when I open a Thread.

Gary, when you click onto a thread, are you by any chance clicking on to the little button before the title of the thread? That little button takes you to the first UNREAD post which is on the bottom, or in other words to the post after you read the thread the last time. Click onto the title of the thread, not the buttron...

This sounds more like a system issue to me. If you are using Internet Explorer, try using FireFox or another browser to see if you get the same result. If you do, it's most likely that your mouse or mouse driver has a problem. Borrow a mouse and see if that corrects it.

This sounds more like a system issue to me. If you are using Internet Explorer, try using FireFox or another browser to see if you get the same result. If you do, it's most likely that your mouse or mouse driver has a problem. Borrow a mouse and see if that corrects it.

I doubt it ... it's as bongobob stated... that's probably what he's doing.