IGNORED

Can't remove inner front cowling screw

Need to get to fuse panel. The inner cowling screw near the brake pedal just turns with no in or out movement no matter which way I turn screw.. Pressure against the cowling plastic doesn't help. Any trick to this?

Seems like threads or nut? behind this is fubar. First time for me to try and remove. I guessing it has been off before since middle bottom push screw is missing.

Wally

Ended up having to drill the head off ON BOTH SIDES didn't need to take other side off but it had same issue. There is a fine threaded nut in a rubber holder that sits in the lowers. Bolt was rusted inside so nut in rubber just spins.

NEVERSEEZ these bolts now before yours rust! On the road you are not getting these off if they end up like mine!

That particular screw may be the one that screws into a rubber grommet type nut Tightening it swells the rubber thus holding it in place. Loosening can be a bear as it will turn unless there's some pressure on it o keep it from moving.

OR it's one of those "C" clamp types and may be stripped.

Larry

If it is the screw I think it is, mine came broken. First time I tried to remove the left lower (to service air filters) I found the ABS tab on the lower broken. I superglued it and it has held well since then. I thought about making a warranty claim, but I figured there'd be the suspicion that I broke it myself, and maybe I did. Since then, I've tightened this one and the other side very gently.