IGNORED

My Sirius mounting

Hello everyone,

Figured my first post should contribute, so I hope this is something new. I didn't see anything similar here.

I just bought an 01 RSV and my first addition is Sirius Satellite Radio, here's how I mounted it. Being one to use what's available rather than buy, if possible. I used parts of the suction cup mount that came with the reciever. I'll post some pics and if you have questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Jay

Edited by ragtop69gs
another pic

• 1 year later...

Hello Jay, I'm curious about where you mounted the antenna. I recently put one on mine and it is saying "check antenna connection". And my mount vibrated bad enough to

sling the receiver out of the dock. You experience any of this? Thanks

I mounted mine on the right side using a car instal kit and put the antenna on the right master cylinder cover.

Yep, me too, I shortened the coax cable for the antenna to about 2 foot on my vulcan, and put another on a bracket I had on the left side of windshield on the Venture then soldered and heat shrink protected the joints. Works fine

Edited by Bob Myers

got a call today from Sirius, seems as thought they are loosing subscribers rapidly. They offered a 6 month sub for $24.99(yea, sign me up), or a year for $89.00. All the bells associated with the regular $12.95 per month fee, just reduced price.

Mine ended on May1, and they even waived the $15 reconnect fee.

Not dealing with this new tech what happend to XM radio? Did those folks get stuck with equipment like beta max machines that nothing works with it now?

Looks like the dash thingy for it if it was a tad smalled would fit right in the cassett deck slot.

Hello Jay, I'm curious about where you mounted the antenna. I recently put one on mine and it is saying "check antenna connection". And my mount vibrated bad enough to

sling the receiver out of the dock. You experience any of this? Thanks

Sorry for the late reply. I mounted the puck style antenna on top of the radio, inside the fairing, works good and is hidden. I have pictures somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.

I mounted my antenna on the top of the trunk just behind the passenger backrest then ran the wire under the seat and tank and up the handlebar on the right side. I mounted the radio useing Ram mounts to the top of the right master cylinder on my 08 RSV

I am glad to know you can cut a length of wire out to shorten the wire and re solder. The Honda Trike i have now has a rack on the trunk so I have the antenna mounted on the top of the dash with the excess coiled up in a bundle.Radio is again mounted with Ram mounts to the left side clutch lever clamp.

Serius and XM merged awhile ago and are now the same company but you still need a seperate account depending on which radio you got,A Serius or an XM. I guess they have different signal types.Wife has an XM in her office and I have Serius on the bike.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the late reply. I mounted the puck style antenna on top of the radio, inside the fairing, works good and is hidden. I have pictures somewhere, I'll see if I can find them.

That's where I put mine. The problem I was having was apparently the dock. Since I change it (1 month old) it's working fine. I was having the same problem on my golf cart, lots of vibration and no antenna connection. I changed the mount from my wind

shield to a handle bar mount that got rid of the vibration, and seems to help alot.