IGNORED

Rider height ?

ragtop69gs

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I hope i'm posting this in the proper spot.

I am considering the purchase of a '99 RSV that has 18K on the clock. My first concern is the seat height of the RSV. I am 5' 7" and am wondering if I'll be able to handle the bike? Are there any other vertically challenged Venture riders out there that can give me some insight about this ?

I have owned many Yamaha snowmobiles and they have all served me well. Figured it was time to try their 2 wheelers.

Thanks, Jay

hello jay

welcome i have a 99 rsv and i am also 5-7 i have no problem handling the bike i have a corbin seat some say you sit lower in it i do not know only set i have used when i stop i am tippy toe and when my wife rides i have no problems then. also i would put some leveling links on it that will help in the slow speed turns when you get use it it it will be the best bike you have ever owned

bumble bee

1999 rsv

jax fl:Venture:

Jay,

Short answer = you should have no problem.

Personally I'm about 5'6" and I ride a first gen (which I believe has a higher seat) with no problem.......I've been on 2nd gen's (not really my style - 1st gen's rule) and found the seat height to be a little lower than mine so you really shouldn't have any trouble.

Ed:thumbsup2:

Welcome Rag,

I am 5' 9" And was also a little tippy toed. Few things you can do to help this. 1- Buy a good set of riding boots with thick soles. Will help you get flat footed at stops. 2-I purchased a smaller tire for the front. Huge difference in slow speed operation. Research tires on forum. 3- They say that Rick Butlers seat rebuild helps with height and other issues. I look forward to having this done. 4-Back rest helps me to sit up straighter and that helps the issue. 5- Could consider lowering the front end.

You can find more on all these suggestions simply by researching the forum.

Enjoy the ride. They are a great bike.:thumbsup2:

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I hope i'm posting this in the proper spot.

I am considering the purchase of a '99 RSV that has 18K on the clock. My first concern is the seat height of the RSV. I am 5' 7" and am wondering if I'll be able to handle the bike? Are there any other vertically challenged Venture riders out there that can give me some insight about this ?

I have owned many Yamaha snowmobiles and they have all served me well. Figured it was time to try their 2 wheelers.

Thanks, Jay

The height of the rider is unimprtant.

The rider's inseam is important.

I have a 36" inseam and have no problems with this bike.

If you find you're uncomfortable with the height, the two things that can be done to improve that situation are: 1 a slightly lower seat mod, 2 lowering links and lowered front forks.

While the leveling links may improve handling, they raise the seat height I believe.

I'm 5'7" with a 30 inch inseam. Midnight RSV(the Quickest/Fastest ones).

At first the bike seemed to be a hand full. This was my first big bike over 500lbs.

Slow speed manuvers kept me on edge. It takes practice...the more you ride it the better it handles.

Removed the stock Dunlop 404's and installed stock size Dunlop E3's. This made a world of difference to me.

Got the Butt Butler to redo the seats and told him I would like to touch both my feet on the ground flat footed. He improved the seat comfort and I think both feet on the ground gave me a touch of confidence.

Also purchase you one of them Ride Like a Pro DVD's. That will help a lot also, but don't go around scrapping the floorboards like they do...

With a little seat time...you will have no problems at all with the beast of a bike.

:TEAL:

I'm 5'7" with a 30 inch inseam. Midnight RSV(the Quickest/Fastest ones).

At first the bike seemed to be a hand full. This was my first big bike over 500lbs.

Slow speed manuvers kept me on edge. It takes practice...the more you ride it the better it handles.

Removed the stock Dunlop 404's and installed stock size Dunlop E3's. This made a world of difference to me.

Got the Butt Butler to redo the seats and told him I would like to touch both my feet on the ground flat footed. He improved the seat comfort and I think both feet on the ground gave me a touch of confidence.

Also purchase you one of them Ride Like a Pro DVD's. That will help a lot also, but don't go around scrapping the floorboards like they do...

With a little seat time...you will have no problems at all with the beast of a bike.

:TEAL:

I have E3's on my ride now and am not all that impressed with the handling or noise. I have seen that dvd before, lots of great tips and tricks.

If I can't shoot sparks off the floorboards then I may as well ride a Schwinn .