IGNORED

Signal Light Relay Purchase

Does anyone have another source for purchasing a Signal Light relay for the 06 RSV?

My stealership wants $126 for it and since it's on back order I now have to wait 2 to 6 weeks if I'm lucky for one to be manufactured and shipped in from Japan.. (that's what it feels like)..

Any idea where a person can get another one sooner and cheaper? I can get my deposit back if I intercept them before it's shipped out..

Thanks in advance..

Just curious - why on earth would you by buying a relay for a bike that should still be under warranty?

Goose

Because it's the middle of winter.. I am Canadian living in Canada with a US bike of which its warranty is ONLY applicable when down in the USA.. so much fun..

The US shops I called already said they would need to do have the bike there to do their diagnostics.. this is a 10 drive trailering a bike.. in the winter.. gas = time = not worth it..

I did get over $3000 worth of warranty parts on the bike when down in PA this summer.. ;)

Pinwall.. gonna check them out..

Pinwall cycle may have a couple on ebay.

Click on the Pinwall cycle link from this sites home page on right side of screen. Under recommended links.

Do a search "yamaha 1300 relay"

Gary

right side of screen? Couldn't find their link on here but found it elsewhere.. unfortunately, though they list several 'sets' of relays, none of them seem to match the one I'm looking for.. several similar looking pinout relays but too large or squat looking to be a match.. still searching..

thanks M8, much appreciated

Hey Pete,

Do you happen to have the part number? I would be willing to help you find one but since I don't own a Second Gen. The part number would be a great help.

Earl

Hey young fella.. how's life down there? Kevin and I are still planning on making a visit this may / june hehe..

part number on the relay is as such:

DENSO

066500-4120

FB257H

there's a gent on eBay with one for sale, waiting on a reply from him.. his listing says its for a 99 - 01 but not sure if it works on newer models.. everyone is in the $20 - 30 range for a used one. but there are never any guarantees that they will work and no refunds.. well same as a new one actually..

let me know if you find anything.. I have to jump on the first one I can find so I can put a stop to the weinership order..

thanks M8

Because it's the middle of winter.. I am Canadian living in Canada with a US bike of which its warranty is ONLY applicable when down in the USA.. so much fun..

The US shops I called already said they would need to do have the bike there to do their diagnostics.. this is a 10 drive trailering a bike.. in the winter.. gas = time = not worth it..

I did get over $3000 worth of warranty parts on the bike when down in PA this summer.. ;)

Pinwall.. gonna check them out..

Well, that certainly makes sense! If my bike was still under warranty I'd swap parts with you. Unfortunately, my warranty was up in November. Good luck finding what you need.

Goose

Hey Pete,

PartShark.com has the relay for you bike brand new!

FLASHER RELAY ASY (4NK-83350-00-00)

$76.28

This beats the heck out of buying a used one and not having it work.

Hope this helps,

Earl

MANY thanks SkyDoc.. sweet.. Good price.. A gent in Maine has a used one for $20 he's sending me.. I'll risk the $20 for a used one but now know where to find alternate parts at decent prices.. wow. $76 is indeed a better price than I can get locally.. CDN $ being high on the US $ lately, still a good price..

Thanks again!

Well, that certainly makes sense! If my bike was still under warranty I'd swap parts with you. Unfortunately, my warranty was up in November. Good luck finding what you need.

Goose

God bless you, sir.. Sacrificing your bike for mine.. ;) Many thanks.. however, looks like I was able to find alternate sources than local high prices for this part..

I didn't realize my buddy actually tried to pull the relay apart but soon realized these are made NOT to be pulled apart.. quite interesting.. Once I get the new on installed etc.. I'll take the old one apart anyway JUST to see what they are hiding lol..

Aww man.. how many more sleeps til riding season starts? 01 May 2010.. ? (Blessing of the bikes kicks off our season up here.. rain and sleet at times.. )

Is there a solid state replacement for this flasher unit on the market???? I cant seem to find one.

I'm guessing that if there IS one, it would be quite expensive? the signals and 4 way flashers run through this one..

But do post if you should find one.. Hmm

I didn't realize my buddy actually tried to pull the relay apart but soon realized these are made NOT to be pulled apart.. quite interesting.. Once I get the new on installed etc.. I'll take the old one apart anyway JUST to see what they are hiding lol..

If you are could draw a schematic of the internal wiring & pinout of this relay I would add them to the schematics.

This may help others with future problems.

I did not have the internal wiring for the flasher relays.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42357

Gary

The four way flashers run off of a two wire relay inside the fairing.

I used a "Trick Flasher" for a while, but it killed the auto cancel function, so I switched back. The fades and quick flashes didn't look quite right with incandescent bulbs, but they looked great when I switched to LEDs. I'd really like to go back, but I'm getting way too "mature" to remember to cancel every time.

The one I bought is no longer available. Signal Dynamics sells a Programmable Flasher that is similar and should work, but it'll still kill auto cancel. I used a small screwdriver to remove the two wires from the flasher plug then plugged the Trick Flasher directly to them. The Signal Dynamics Programmable hooks up the same way.

The four way flashers run off of a two wire relay inside the fairing.

I used a "Trick Flasher" for a while, but it killed the auto cancel function, so I switched back. The fades and quick flashes didn't look quite right with incandescent bulbs, but they looked great when I switched to LEDs. I'd really like to go back, but I'm getting way too "mature" to remember to cancel every time.

I'd seen that relay as well for the 4ways up in the fairing but on the signal relay I have it shows a weird something about the 4 ways also.. so odd

• 1 month later...
Hey Pete,

PartShark.com has the relay for you bike brand new!

FLASHER RELAY ASY (4NK-83350-00-00)

$76.28 This beats the heck out of buying a used one and not having it work.

Hope this helps,

Earl

A big shout out to Doc on this one. I got my NEW flasher relay in the mail today, the right one and it worked!! wooot.. And the $10 relay I got off eBay goes into the garbage, it was the wrong one..

But the bike is now with SIGNAL lights again.. whoooo hooooooo...

Thanks again M8