IGNORED

Air in shocks

Big Buck

after reading some of the threads about the shocks I bought a gauge/pump and put air in shocks. 260 mile trip for lunch and icecream yesterday and what a differance putting air in the shocks made. No more jarring of the back everytime I hit a bump. I love this site.

:thumbsup2:

• 1 year later...

For me (me 195lbs, girlfriend 120lbs, additional safety chrome and luggage - approx 330lbs total) I figured with maximum carrying capacity of the bike and the range you can put in the rear shock... I run 40psi in the rear and 0psi in the front.

Not sure what the difference would be if I add pressure to the front. I have a proper pump (zero loss). Can someone comment on what adding pressure to the front does?

Can someone comment on what adding pressure to the front does?

On my 1st gen prior to putting progressives in it raised front end at least an inch. Also made it ride firmer.

Doesn't move at all when air goes in with progressives though, but I still keep about 7 lbs in it.

Gary

• 2 years later...

So if I'm going to eliminate the onboard compressor all together and install progressive springs in the front. How do I go about putting air in the shocks. Sorry, sometimes I just can't picture it.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Bert2006, but I'm trying to find a place/link for the schrader conversions so I can put them on the shock air lines. I've been researching all day, and can't seem to come up with anything.

Thanks Bert2006, but I'm trying to find a place/link for the schrader conversions so I can put them on the shock air lines. I've been researching all day, and can't seem to come up with anything.

Sorry bud, also numbers I gave earlier are for a second gen.:confused24:

For schrader valves try doing a quick search on ebay and tons of options come up.

:canada:

After reviewing most of the posts on this issue I decided to take the time to resolder the entire circuit card. I did attempt to fix the ones I thought needed it, but, at the time I had a pretty poor soldering iron.

So I took the time, and guess what, it works great:-) Feel blessed that it works. I was not having any luck finding simple schrader valves to put in the air lines.

Great advice. Great web site.

Roger