Good morning all. I just found a cluch issue. When I let my bike set for about a week. I start it up and put in gear it wants to go and it will die. If I hit the starter with the clutch in it will go about three inches and than free up. Any ideas. Thank you.

Richard:confused:

How long since your last oil change and what kind of oil are you using? I've seen this a number of times. I use Mobil 1 Synthetic and have never had much of a problem like that.

If my bike sits for a long time, I find that if I try to roll it in gear with the clutch in, it is stuck slightly. This is with the bike not running. I just hold the clutch in and rock it forward two or three times and it frees up. No big deal.

Is it to early to put in the synthetic or should I wait until I go through the break in. Don mentioned Mobil oil what do I need to look for in auto oil that is clutch capatipal. Thanks for the info on the clutch hang up. Just a little cold and alot wet up here to ride everyday yet.

Yes, it is a little too early for synthetic. Wait until the 1500-2000 mile oil change and then go to synthetic if you want. I have run both dino oil and synthetic and have never had the sticking issue, but others have. As Freebird said - no big deal.

Enjoy the new ride.

RR

Thanks all you guys. I'll put the sticking issue out of my head and just put some miles on it maybe it'll clear up and if it does not,'ll live with it. Once it does it, it is gone until it sits about a week again. Might just a catch with this bike not a big problem just wondered if it was going to be an issue but you all cleared that up for me. Thanks again.