I'm about ready to dump a bottle of Ride On in the Avon on the front of the '83. My question is... Should I remove all the balancing weights and let Ride on do it's balancing act, or leave the weights on and probably get the same results?? It should work either way, but I thought I'd ask your opinion.... :)

I,m agree George S, but looks to me like you would want a few "long" sweepers in order to get the stuff on the sides of the tire? I have never put it in the bike ,,,,never thought of it I guess, but I got it in the atv and I take it through thorn trees and any place I would 'NEVER" take anything with pneumatic wheels. And it works, have never had a flat in 3 years now! Had one go low once, aired it back up and still up! GOOD LUCK!

I was asking myself the same question Jack. All the Instructions say, is that after you put the stuff in, don't change the weights.

Anyway, I just put it in, and everything seems OK. So far, at least .

As I understand it the stuff continues to finetune the balance throughout the life of the tire, but what would happen if one of the weights came off?? Would the weight difference be more than the stuff could handle??? Or would it compensate??? Would it be better to start from zero to avoid that possibility? Or is the stuff only capable of finetuning, and not capable of compensating for a heavier half ounce out of balance??

I have always wondered how much ( or what percentage ) of the Wgt Installed, is actually compensateing for " Imbalance " in the Wheel itself. ( before tire is installed )

I know that might be nitpicking.

Anyway, that was my thinking for just leaveing the Wgts, that were initially installed.

But after all is said, I'm a believer in , Ride - On. Its allready saved me one, On the Road flat.

Also, there was that posting last month, sombody said they removed the wheel and Ran some Screws into the Old tire, just as a test before replaceing the tire.

It held air pressure,

I have had a speed blow out, believe me, anything that will decrese the odds of a blow out, is worth the money!!! :stirthepot:

Damn! You guys are over thinking the entire process. The question about the weights is legit, but worrying about the possible loss of a weight. I think that if you lose a weight you will know it, as the stuff probably doesn't have enough weight in one place at one time to make the adjustment.

Good place to go for the answer would be to email the company and ask them.

Put it in, try it out and go from there. You will make each other crazy if you keep going with it here!:doh:

Have used RIDE-ON all summer.. EXCELLENT PRODUCT

Do not remove wights.. do what the instructions say on the bottle!

Very simple to add , ride 5 miles , your good to go!!

Jeff

FAQ: Installation Questionshttp://www.ride-on.com/images/spacer.gif
Q: How is Ride-On Tire Protection System installed? What tools are needed?

A:
Ride-On TPS tire sealant is ready to use, it requires no mixing, shaking or stirring. The installation procedures are simple and should take no more than a few minutes per tire. For best results, The only tools needed to install Ride-On TPS are:

• Valve stem remover

• Tire pressure gauge

• Air source for re-inflation of tire

A Hand Pump
and the
automatic pump are available for use with 5-gallon pails and 55-gallon drums.

Please refer to the detailed Installation Instructions for installing Ride-On TPS from bottles, 5-gallon pails, and 55-gallon drums (using the Hand Pump or the ROTIS automatic pump).

Q: How often should I have the wheel balance be checked?

A:
A wheel should be balanced whenever a tire is demounted and replaced (changing its relative position on the wheel), when a balance weight is moved or removed, and whenever you purchase new tires. Of course, at the first sign of vibration or irregular tread wear, your car should be thoroughly checked for wheel balance and alignment, and for worn or broken mechanical parts.

Ride-On TPS is designed to hydrodynamically balance truck and bus tires, thus reducing tire imbalance and vibrations that cause the tire to hop and bounce on the road. These vibrations increase the tire's operating temperature and promote irregular tread wear. This feature is especially useful for fleets that do not balance the tires on their Class 3-8 vehicles and trailers.

Many trucking fleets are switching from conventional tire balancing powders to Ride-On TPS to help them balance their truck tires and to help them with their pressure maintenance programs. Our long haul customers have reported tire life improvements of up to 25% or more.

Q: How about wheel balancing equipment? Is there a difference?

A:
There are two types of wheel balancing equipment, Static and Dynamic. Dynamic balancers are again divided into two basic types – those that balance the tire and wheel assembly on the vehicle, and those that balance the assembly off the car. They are called "Dynamic" balancers because they balance the tire and wheel while it is spinning. There is one type of machine, the "static" or "bubble" balancer, which does not indicate which side of the tire is heavier than the other and does not show precisely where the weight should be placed. It is impossible to do an accurate dynamic balance with this device. It relies on a great deal of guesswork and is therefore, not as desirable on passenger tires as a dynamic balancer.

Q: Can Ride-On TPS plug the tire valve as it is being inserted?

A:
Very Rarely. Sometimes when Ride-On TPS is being pumped into the tire, the fibers used to seal punctures, will enter the valve stem opening in such a manner as to create a blockage. If this occurs, remove the connector of the pump from the valve stem, an inject a short burst of air to clear the tire stem passageway, then reattach the hose connector and continue pumping. A paper clip or similar object can also be used to clear the valve stem.

Q: Can Ride-On TPS plug the tire valve when the tire pressure is being checked?

A:
Almost never when the proper dosage of Ride-On TPS is installed. The centrifugal force of the rotating tire forces Ride-On away from the valve stem and unto the tire. However, in the rare occasion when some Ride-On TPS gets into the valve, it is recommended that a short burst of air be injected into the tire to clear any sealant coating the inner surface of the valve stem.

Q: Can Ride-On TPS be used only in new tires?

A:
No. Ride-On TPS can be used in new and old tires.

Q: What type of tires can Ride-On TPS be used in?

A:
Ride-On TPS can be used in any pneumatic tire. However, there are special formulas for regular, off-road (speeds less than 30 mph, 50 km/h), and bicycle applications. Please ask your dealer for the formula appropriate for your needs.

Q: Does a tire need to be completely deflated prior to using the Hand Pump to install Ride-On TPS?

A:
No. The
hand pump can pump against tire pressures as high as 75 psi.

Q: Can Ride-On TPS be pumped in tires without the need to lower their pressure to 75 psi or less?

A:
Yes. Inovex Industries has a developed the patented
automatic pump
- a cart mounted battery operated automatic pump which can be used to pump Ride-On TPS in fully pressured tires. The ROTIS Automatic Pump will eliminate the need to deflate a tire prior to pumping Ride-On TPS . This pump is of particular use to companies with large fleets of trucks and other heavy equipment, or service stations which pump Ride-On into many cars.

Q: How many Units (Ounces) of Ride-On TPS are pumped by a full stroke of the hand pump?

A:
Ten units (ounces) of Ride-On TPS are delivered by a full stroke of the hand pump. The pump shaft has been calibrated in 1 unit increments allowing the user complete control of the quantity being pumped.

Q: What quantity of Ride-On TPS should be installed in a tire?

A:
Please refer to the Dosage Chart for the appropriate amount of Ride-On TPS that needs to be installed in your size of tire. Inovex Industries has developed dosage tables prescribing the correct amount of Ride-On TPS to be installed in a variety of tire/wheel size configurations. When properly installed, Ride-On TPS will not affect the tire balance, even in high speed passenger and light truck applications.

Q: What size containers is Ride-On TPS available in?

A:
Ride-On TPS is available in 8 oz. and 16 oz. bottles, 5-gallon pails, and 55-gallon drums. Ride-On TPS is also available in kits containing four bottles (8 or 16 oz.) of the sealant, a valve core remover tool, a Yorker top, and a plastic hose (all the tools required for installation). Ride-On TPS can be custom packaged in any container size required by the customer.

OK, left the weight on, filled the tire with Ride-on, walked over to the garage to put the air hose away, and tweeked my back... Grrrr!!! I just popped 800 mg of motrin and will gut out the 3-4 miles suggested to spread the goo out. It never ends..... :(

Years of research and field testing of the Ride-On (TPS) has led to development of the most advanced tire sealant on the market. Inovex Industries has developed dosage tables prescribing the correct amount of Ride-On (TPS) to be installed in a variety of popular tire/wheel size configurations. When properly installed, Ride-On (TPS) will not affect the tire balance, even in high speed passenger vehicle applications. Other sealant manufacturers prescribe arbitrary installation amounts of their sealants, and claim that it will work well with any wheel/rim size.

According to their instructions, the same amount of sealant would be installed in a P185/60R15 tire as in a P325/50R15 tire. With the Ride-On (TPS) , 2 times as much sealant would be prescribed for the P325/50R15 tire as in the P185/60R15. This scientific approach of installing the correct amount of sealant to coat the entire inner tread area of the tire will ensure proper protection of the tires and eliminate potential balancing problems. If enough sealant is not installed, NO tire sealant can perform as designed, and the tire will experience out of balance problems.

If too much sealant is installed, the tire will also have balance problems. Therefore, it is critical that the correct amount of Ride-On (TPS) be installed for your tire size. A vehicle properly equipped with Ride-On (TPS) will benefit from better handling, better fuel economy, longer lasting tires, and most importantly, a safer ride.

As Ride on Web site stated, it works on way to deposit more or les ride on inside tire, cuz liquid will spread evenly when tire rotate I's simple Hydrodinamic.

"Ride-On TPS is designed to hydrodynamically balance "

works same as laundry washers on hi speed spin. Water will go away from center and "stick" on outer walls of drum