IGNORED

83 VR Deer Hunter has new Paint

Been busy down at Grandpagak's for the last week. I have stripped down my 83 VR, for a paint job. I figured, since it hasn't gone deer hunting for 4 years, it is about time to do it.

Gary had offered to do the painting & figured on 3 days for the prep work. I pulled the plastic, pinstriping & had fun getting the pinstriping adhesive off. I also did repairs as needed with the plastex, prior to passing off to Gary, for his part.

These pics are of the 2nd attempt, as there was a lot of fisheyes looking back after the 1st try. A bug also bit the farm, on the front fender this time. But it will be under the fork brace, so I will pick it out & most likely clean the bugs track from center & install as is.

I did get extra paint, for any possible future work needed & I wanted it to be the same stuff.

But here are some pics taken tonight, with more to follow later in the week.

i also thought that it turned out ptretty good for a couple of amatures...we had our problems.. new lowpressure gun..(different from the old ,in a big way) then the air compressor decidedto die on us.. but we managed to milk it till the end.. but by golly we got her dun..:crying::rasberry::smile11:

Lookin purdy good there bud!!! I for one know how much work goes into that! Can't wait to see it all back together an in person!

Guess I need to bring the 83 to the Sask meet soon, so much for taking the 86 on that trip.

It is looking real good Rocket and Gary.

Who knew that you guys were that talented. LMAO

You guys did great can't wait to see it in person.

I will have to give it the critical eye on Friday. (like I know what to look for LOL).

A lot of work sure payed off. We won't even recognize the old deer hunter.

Keep the light on for us.

Oh I may have a surprise for the PIP if I can get'r done.