IGNORED

Inner fairing replacement...do we need a tech article?

I have some fairly large cracks in my fairing up by the edges of the windshield. I think it is from the previous owner as I didn't make them.

Anyway I got a replacement via ebay and will be replacing it in the next couple of days.

If there isn't a tech article about it here should I take pics and documents steps?

Is there anything in that area of the bike that someone would want pictures of?

I haven't looked, but what does the service manual have to say on the subject.

If you find something wrong or an essayer way to do it than what the manual says, I would not re-invent the wheel...

Honestly if we write it it will be right. Dont do yourself any favors by using the service manual as a guide. They cant even get the most common service right- the Carb Sync. Even Yamaha knows the procedure is wrong in the book and you want to trust it. Remember the tech here is far more accurate.

Righty-O! I'll fire up the digital camera while I remove & replace. :happy34:

I plan on putting grease n every electrical connection while I'm back there too.

An article on cassette player removal should be fairly easy to do since I'm back there. :)

One mod I'd like to do is to put the headlight and passing lamps (if they aren't already) on their own separate relays. Anyone got the specs on the preferred relay?

I've already stripped the entire front end off of my bike. Just plain didn't think about a tech article either. Most of what gets taken off is pretty straight forward as there's only 1 way to hook up most of the electrical connections. I did use a paint pen and numbered the big plugs for the radio and amplifier. I also took a few pics during dis-assembly. I'll post a couple below.

Monsta any auto 30 amp relay will work fine for what you're wanting to do with the spot lights. On wiring up a relay you use battery power for #30 terminal of the relay, Key on power for the #86 terminal, #87 is you're output line to either the headlight or spots or any accessory for that matter, and last is #85 which goes to ground. On that ground circuit I installed a on/off switch to activeate the relay once the key is turned on. Doing that won't have any power going thru the electrical contacts in the switch thus a long life for the switches. The switch box I used was one from JCWhitney that fits our bikes and the Honda Wings above the clutch or brake resvior. I have had a seperate relay for both my spot lights and the low beam of my bike for over a year now. High beam is unaffected wiring the lights up this way so if by chance your relay goes bad or the inline fuse blows to the power circuit (#30 terminal) you'll still have a headlight. The beauty of this is you still have running lights on but aren't draining power from the battery either while starting up or just idling when parked or getting ready to leave.

Feel free to use these in your tech article if you want.

Larry