ok i know my bike still isn't running great yet but i was kinda curious at what RPMs you all are at when your leaving a stop? my bike seems to want to try and stall if i'm under 3500 rpms. just want to know if this is way off from what everyone ellse has to do with there 1st gen

adam. i am glad you asked that question. i have been wondering the same thing.

both my brothers ride kz1000 police specials. both will easily pull away from a dead stop,with out turning the throttle AT ALL!

mine seems to be very sluggish ,on the take off, also.

just jt

nope i havn't messed with the carbs yet. bike ran and my car broke down so i'm trying to avoid working on something on the bike that might leave me walking the 40 miles to work. I assumed it was just cruddy carbs but wanted to know how far off my bike is from the norm on the forums

nope i havn't messed with the carbs yet. bike ran and my car broke down so i'm trying to avoid working on something on the bike that might leave me walking the 40 miles to work. I assumed it was just cruddy carbs but wanted to know how far off my bike is from the norm on the forums

Toss in a can of Sea Foam with the next fill up. Can't hurt anything and if there is any crud in there it'll clean it out. Syncing carbs is not a big deal if you know someone near by that has a Carbtune II.

If you need that much rpm just to get going, you got a problem.

start with the SEA foam.

Drain Carb bowls.

Drain gas tank,

Replace plugs and wires. ( and caps )

Check setting of the Idle Mixture needle valves.

Sync the Carbs.

With 2 up I have no problem with 1200 rpm, but it will take off from idle, 1000, if I'm carefull. Normally I just clear the carbs with a little blip on the throttle and we're away.

Pretty much the same for me. I'm wondering...if you need 3500rpm to pull away from a stop, mebbe you're starting out in 3rd gear??