IGNORED

Harbor Freight Lift $200 off

dingy

There is a $200 off coupon in the December issue of Motor Cyclist magazine for a 1000# Harbor Freight lift.

Limit 4 per coupon. I could get extras. You come get it.

Thinking about mounting it in the floor, like in picture attached.

Gary

First have to have a garage/floor:witch_brew:

I don't think that one that is out of square by 10" would matter much for this.

Some probably only couple inches thick in area for lift, depending on how good contractor was!!

:buttkick: :sign isnt that spec

Gary

If I were going to flush mount one in the floor, I know for a fact it would NOT be a HF lift..I would have to invest in something a lot more sturdy.

HF lifts are ok for most needs, but cutting up a cement floor for a HF lift doesnt seem very ..........appealing.......... to me for some reason.

There is a $200 off coupon in the December issue of Motor Cyclist magazine for a 1000# Harbor Freight lift.

Limit 4 per coupon. I could get extras. You come get it.

Thinking about mounting it in the floor, like in picture attached.

Gary

Looks cool, but how do you get it to raise up?? I don't think the HB version is air assist... :confused07:

The big problem with mounting a lift in the floor is you loose about 5" off your height.

The picture Dingy posted shows the biggest problem with the Harbor Freight Lift. The wheels are under the ramp end (the other end has castors, but screw down feet to keep them from rolling). When you try to put a heavy bike, like the Ventures, on the weight shifts onto the wheels and the lift can roll. I have one in the shop I use occasionally and I screwed a block to the floor at the head end to keep it from scooting away.

One advantage to the hydraulic only HF lift is that vice is low enough to get a bike with low pipes or luggage on backwards. This is handy for doing front end work and front tires. This is what my HF lift is primarily used for. The L shaped vices like the on in Dingy's other picture tend to hit bags, pipes and low fenders.

I agree with Eck. I have a HF if I were going to flush mount a lift I would buy something else. Also, keep in mind that you need clearance to operate the foot pump and release which would end up below the floor level which could be awkward to operate. Also, to make changing the rear tire easier be sure to get a lift with a drop leaf rear and not just the trap door plate that is removable like the HF lift.

Dennis

Same coupon is in the Oct Rider magazine. Just bought this lift last weekend and put it together last night. Sure will be nice for the winter project bikes. One word of warning - check all the bolts and tighten them!

However, not sure I will even use it for the Venture. The CarbonOne lift adapter with legs makes a very sturdy platform to work on. Just wish the legs were about 2 inches longer so I could get the rear wheel out.

RR

They must have had some legal troubles with the platform lift. It's not in the catalog or on line anymore. Just the small ones.

I take that back! Here is the link for it if it's the same one!

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/?&CatPath=All+Products%2F%2F%2F%2FUserSearch%3Dlift&ResultsPerPage=27&q=lift&mode=grid&category=&currentpage=3

They must have had some legal troubles with the platform lift. It's not in the catalog or on line anymore. Just the small ones.

I take that back! Here is the link for it if it's the same one!

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result/?&CatPath=All+Products%2F%2F%2F%2FUserSearch%3Dlift&ResultsPerPage=27&q=lift&mode=grid&category=&currentpage=3

Yup, that's the one.

RR

Here is the HF lift in action. Brother sent his broken bike to me to fix. Think it may be terminal. The engine won't rotate more than about 20 degrees before it hits a hard stop.

If anyone is going to use a HF lift for your Venture, make sure you have someone else around to help. It isn't wide enough to get the side stand down to support it while you strap it on. Some one will need to hold the bike upright while the helper straps it to the deck.

RR

I've used the same HF platform lift for several years.

my only issue is - as stated - need 2folks to get the RSV on and off.

think i'll spring for this one from HF.

will be able to do it myself and not worry about the drop-panel to get the rear wheel off..

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_12032.jpg

Item # 99887 Manufacturer: Central Hydraulics

http://images.harborfreight.com/cpi/logos/CentHyd.gif

Motorcycle lift can support a bike up to 1100 lbs.

Only:$199.99

Now you can work on your bike safely and comfortably with this high position motorcycle lift. Supporting an 1100 lb. load capacity, the motorcycle lift provides a lifting height range from 2.6" to 30". The lift also features wheels for easy maneuvering and placement.

• 1100 lb. weight capacity
  • Lifting range from 2.6" to 30"

Ram travel: 7-3/8"Distance between base legs: 20-3/8"Overall dimensions: 44" L x 24-3/8" W x 37-3/4" HShipping Weight: 131.00 lbs.