IGNORED

I Want to replace trailer lights with leds

Aimhigh

I want to replace my trailer (pulled by cycle) lights with led-type of lights. i was hoping to be able to simply take the light cover off, remove the old light, and wire in the new led lights. could it possibly be this simple, or am i dreaming? if it is possible, does anyone know where to purchase the led lights?

:sign yeah that:

superbrightleds.com is the place to go for sure. I've replaced every marker and running light on my bike with LED's from them. No need for wiring in new stuff, just replace the bulbs.

If you don't find what you need on their site.....it may not exist.

And great service to. Fast shipping and I did have one bulb that was defective and after one e-mail request they shipped a new bulb...no charge. Been all season now with the new lights with no failures. Works for me.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Ftail-brake-turn.html

Mike

Well, I ordered and received the led replacement bulbs. I am disappointed with what I see. The stop lights do seem a bit brighter...the turn signals are actually dimmer than the original bulbs. Oh well, live and learn, I guess.

One of the housings was busted on my trailer when it arrived. During assembly, I just ran to Harbor Freight and bought their LED trailer kit. $20 or so? They are really, really bright. It was simple for the guys who knew what they were doing to install. :whistling:

Dave

I did not see this thread early enough, I guess. For rear lighting I use Radiantz LED and they really light up bright. I have a run/turn/brake adapter (Kuryakin) so therefore I have red turn signals an the rear with clearance and brake capability. I also put the Radiantz in my front turn signals. I also have the Diamond R light bar under the trunk.

:farmer:

I replaced the entire housings on my Cyclemate. It wasn't the cheapest way to go, but it is ridiculously bright on both running and brake. I probably could have got by with just two of them, but anything worth doing is worth over doing.

I bought mine local for about $20 each (4 total), but you can find these lights all over.