IGNORED

Found out about clutches today

Steve S

Well I found out tonight why Yamaha put a "soft" clutch in the Venture.

My son and I went out on a day trip today and as we were getting close to home we stopped at a traffic light. It was late with no traffic around and we were in separate lanes. He gets froggy and starts revving the engine on the Nomad and hollers over at me "what ya got old man"? Wellll, I have never been one to let and insult pass me by, especially from a mere youngster, (he's 24), so I got the Venture rolling, pulled the clutch in and hit the throttle a couple of times, then hammered on it... BIG MISTAKE!!! :no-no-no: :bang head: :bang head:

This was my first real hard hole shot since I did the clutch up-grade and let me tell you... IT WORKS. That clutch grabbed hold, the rear tire went to spinning and smoking, the rear end went sideways, my butt puckered up and I just held on til I was WAYYYYY out in front. Talk about a rush... Don't wanna do it again, but oh, what a feeling.

Before when I tried this the clutch would slip, not much, but just enough that it wouldn't let the rear tire break traction. I think I am going to like this set-up much better.:thumbsup2: