IGNORED

Black Owl

Bubber

Well folks Black Owl may not appreciate it so much but here it goes anyway.

I don't think he realizes there are a lot of people that care about him.

Black Owl has been in the hospital off and on since last Sept at the time of the Pork in the Pines.

He was sick enough he couldn't make it so we had to carry on in his great tradition.

Owl had been in the Mpls VA till mid Jan. but he is now in the Three Links Nursing Home in Northfield MN, (507) 664-8800.

He is recovering fine and he sounded pretty good the last time I spoke to him about a week ago.

I will keep in touch with him on a weekly basis and try to keep this thread up to date.

It may be nice to send him a card with a few kind words if you so desire. He could probably use a little cheering up in his life.

He did tell me that he would not be able to live along any more so I am not sure how that will ultimately affect him down the road.

Owl never wanted any fuss made over him but at this time it would be great that he knows there are lots of people that care.

Please let you heart guide you in your actions.

One of the many VentureRiders

An eating club with a riding disorder

Bubber

Bubber, two questions: any idea how long he will be at that location? Want to know if I send him a card from the Great White North, will he still be there by the time the dog sled gets there with the mail? Second question: can you provide the full mailing address that I can send him a card please?

Thanks

Is he able to get email?? I've been sending jokes and commentary to his box?? I knew he wasn't doing well so figured a little laugh might help. Does anyone know what's causing the problem?? Don posted a notice a while back and now this thread, but no one has mentioned the cause... Or maybe they have and I just missed it....

Great guy, and prayers up!!

I don't think Black Owl has looked at this site or emails in months. He has been to ill and fighting with everything he has.

Bubber

Bub,, couple years ago one of our riders went down on his way to Maintenance Day - we got together and made a "Video Get Well Card" for him - people responded with enthusiasm and sincere sympathy - worked really well!! Wonder if we could do something like that for Black Owl in the "written form"? Maybe another quick thread/post letting people know about it and asking them to just give a quick word of encouragement/well wishes in that thread (could use this thread too - just thinking a fresh one might get more response). Maybe leave it up for a week or so and then print it off and send it to him as one big "Card" if you will.. I would be happy to assist anyway I can brother if that sounds like something you think we should do?

Prayers Up for you Black Owl - fightin what ever it is your fightin right there with ya my friend!!

I Think that is a great idea.

I have a few things going on in life at this time, one being my new knee replacement and now recovery with PT twice a week.

Second is I am going through the big D. that will be taking more of my time. My plate is a little full right this minute.

I do encourage the "big card " idea with a print out of everyone sentiments. I am sure that would cheer him up to no end.

I just don't think I can be the focal point at this time. Please don't let stop you. you have his address so you can get it to him.

Bubber

I Think that is a great idea.

I have a few things going on in life at this time, one being my new knee replacement and now recovery with PT twice a week.

Second is I am going through the big D. that will be taking more of my time. My plate is a little full right this minute.

I do encourage the "big card " idea with a print out of everyone sentiments. I am sure that would cheer him up to no end.

I just don't think I can be the focal point at this time. Please don't let stop you. you have his address so you can get it to him.

Bubber

10 - 4 brother,, I will go ahead and pop up another thread concerning the matter and see if we cant :witch_brew: a little get the some wholesome words of encouragement together for our hurting friend!! THANK YOU for taking the bull by the horns and getting this all started for Black Owl Bubber!! :thumbsup: