IGNORED

Newbie from North Carolina

Superdave

Howdy folks, my name is Dave.

I just purchased a 92' Venture Royale and am really liking this bike so far. I have been in the motorcycle industry most of my life. I started out in Myrtle Beach SC at a Suzuki and Honda dealer in 1977. I was stationed there in the military for ten years and worked during the days at the local motorcycle shops part time. I raced motocross on Suzuki's and hondas til about 1985. Then I started Drag racing on a 1985 Fz750 and a 1985 V-max. I continued racing til 1995 riding everything from street to progas and top gas turbo funnybikes. My wife put an end to my racing career when my friend Elmer Trett got killed on his Top fueler. I guess it was time to quit anyway.

I look forward to meeting some fellow enthusiest in the Yamaha world. I have had many different bikes through the years. I currently have The Venture, 1983 Yamaha 650 turbo, 1984 kawasaki KZ1100, 1982 Suzuki gs650, 1982 Honda Cb650 Nighthawk, 1984 XL250,and a Zuma. I just love old bikes. Good thing I am a mechanic! Most of the bikes just sit in the garage. We have a working horse farm and the horses seem to take up most of our free time but since I got the Venture I have kinda got the bug to start riding more. If any of you are in my neck of the woods don't hesitate to come by and set a spell........Dave

Welcome to the Family Dave,

We may get together soon since we're just across the red river. I too have a farm used to have horse now its just a weed farm and one cow.... I work two jobs for the time being and ride my Venture to work everyday that the weather permits it. Oh watch what you say about horses my wife Peg (snowflake)loves horses very much and she is hoping to get some more some day, but for now I have to wait....

You have family members in your area too that are real nice folks. Just might have a meet & eat get together in your area again next year or sooner ... Welcome to the family Dave will meet you soon untill then be safe and God bless.

P.S. Guess we might take longer to meet I just found out your in NC not TX the Dallas name caught me off gaurd... But we will meet some day for sure.......you still have family members in your area heck we're every where........

Buddy

Edited by buddy

Welcome to the family Dave, great to have another m/c mechanic here, we always welcome any help we can get, cause sometimes, the guys at the shops dont seem to know much about our classic 1st gens, cause the bikes are older than they are..........:smash2:. But have to give you a word of warning, there is a guy in your neck of the woods, goes by Muffinman, he is one of our more colorful characters, aircraft mechanic by profession, m/c fanatic by choice, knows a thing or two about the first gens.............You will meet up with him sooner or later. Really he is a good guy and great VR member, he has helped out many here including myself, probably wouldnt have my 83 now if it werent for him and other members here. Keep your eyes out for a meet and eat in your area, thats where you will most likely meet him, he tries to make them all..........and his wife is a real sweetie, just the opposite of him, she goes by Minimuffin.

Look forward to meeting you at a rally or meet, so again. Welcome and enjoy the site, it is addicting, just ask anyone.

:welcome1:

Gee thanks Lewis. Rooster your too funny.

Welcome Dave. Yeah you'll most likely make one of our meets. Usually try once a month in the off season, ya know when there aren't big rallies planned. We always have an end of year meet or beginning (depends on what sat we can set one up for) This year is looking like Jan 3rd. The sat before is too close to christmas.

On Sept 27th is the 2nd annual onslow Vietnam memorial ride. A group of us did this last year. So if you don't have anything to do come on over. Here's the thread about it.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26302 Too bad you didn't sign up sooner we had a gathering out in Asheville in early Aug.

Looking forward to seeing you when ever you can make anything.

Margaret

welcome, dave. i was living in myrtle beach in 77, son was born in oceanview hospital before they moved it to by-pass. i was building a 71 truimph chopper during that time and worked as an electrian all over the strand area. did you race at the old drag strip between mb and conway off hwy 501. i did some electical work on the air base also, and wired the parachute jump at the end of the airstrip next to the ocean. oldist sis still lives in florence and we get out there a couple of times a year to visit. hope to meet you soon at one of the meets. don