IGNORED

2nd Annual Onslo Vietnam Veterans Memorial Run

SaltyDawg

Just wanted to get this out to everyone. The 2nd Annual Onslow Vietnam Veterans Memorial Motorcycle Run will be held on Saturday September 27th 2008.

Those of you who went on this run last year can attest to the amount of bikes that were in attendance. It was well over 2,000 and hopefully there will be even more this year.

You can go to the following link and read up on it. If you decide you want to go there is a registration form you can download and have filled out prior to getting there to make things go quicker.

http://www.geocities.com/vietvetmemorial/run

It was great last year with all the VentureRiders out there representing our family. Hopefully there will be as many and even more.

Look forward to seeing all who can attend.

• 4 weeks later...
So where and what time do we want to meet up? Last year it was Golden corral.

Margaret

I guess that would depend on how many are going to show up. I have no problem with the GC again. There is an IHOP in Jacksonville. Haven't been there but I guess I could give it a try, just to check it out you know.:missingtooth:

Jeff said you need to try the new IHOP before we all come down. Just to make sure it's ok.

Either or is good with me. Just need to set a time I guess 9am would be good what do ya think? As far as I know we're coming and maybe riderduke, and a new member on the site that works with Jeff should be there.

Margaret

Margaret

Any word on whether Sledge Hammer and ADC are going to make it? I know we have several members in this area and I haven't heard from them. I'm talking locals, within 50 miles of the event. Hopefully as we get closer we will get more responses. I know WildHair is not going to be able to make it because of a Doctors appointment. He made mention of that when he was down here last month.

I want everybody to know we appreciate them coming and the long distance some of you will travel to get to this event.

For those who don't know, this event started last year and they honestly were only expecting a couple hundred bikes at best. It wasn't well advertised, but word of mouth got out and over 2,000 bikes showed up. It was pretty awesome to be a part of that. Folks stopping on the side of the highways to wave and cheer us on. It is a moment in my life I will never forget. And to top it off it's for a good cause.

Sledgehammer PM'd me and said he could not make due to prior engagement. His engagement is just as important as this event. So I will excuse him myself unless he says different .

What New I-HOP , is there another one-legged waitress I haven't heard about ? The one I-HOP here in J-Ville is several years old and mostly crowded . The food is good , though there is a wait the biggest part of the time to get into .

Indications show the ride will be much bigger this year. Being a Rolling Thunder member , I most likely will not be able to attend the breakfast , as RT has some duties to help out with the event. There is suppose to be 2 events for RT that weekend. However I will most likely pass on the second event to play part of a host to all the VR members coming to J-Ville . Plans are not clear to me what the second event will be , but indications say it has to do with the NC governor and Raleigh . I could be mistaken , but will find out as soon as I can .

RT assisted in a Poker Run yesterday to help out the DAV and the Navy Corpsman Foundation . It went real well for the first annual event and that there was 2 other Poker runs be ran at the same time .

I'll keep ya posted as soon as I find out more details .

BEER30