IGNORED

help me if you can

hipshot

This is purely a guess JT, but my money would be the left outer cylinder

:confused24: have you tried to look info up online??

Brad, i looked at about eleven-teen "forums", and got twelve-teen different answers.

the consensus, seemed to be "get all of them as close as possible"!lol

just jt

It'll be on one end or the other. The plug wires might have tags on them.

That doesn't affect the carb sync, though. Find the one the the throttle cable goes to, and it should have the idle speed thumbscrew. The other 3 sync to that. As you sync, move outward from that carb. It will probably be in the middle, so "outward" will mean one carb in one direction and two carbs in the other. There will be a little screw in the linkage between each adjacent pair, and that screw opens or closes the next one relative to the first one. I hope that makes sense. Usually the screw has a spring on it to keep it from turning randomly, but I've seen them with lock nuts as well on an old Wing.

Do you have a gage? Connect the 4 hoses to vacuum ports on either carb near the mounting stub or on the mounting stub itself. On some carbs you have to remove a plug screw from the carb and install temporary ports. Start and idle the engine; I like to set it at a fast idle, mabe 1200 rpm. Ajust the linkages to bring all the vacuums the same within an inch or so. If the vacuum on a carb is too high, it needs to be opened more and vice versa. Make your final adjustments with the engine warm, and re-adjust the idle as you go.

Does this make sense? If you were in Tucson you could come on over!

Jeremy

Use to ride a 75 903 Z1B many years ago (bought it new as a matter of fact), and the carbs were numbered left to right as you are sitting on it. Most likely the same set up as far as which carb is #1. So, number one is first one on the left sitting on it. But then again that was many, many years ago; too many. Even put a 4 into 1 RC Engineering header and lots of other goodies on it. Sure was a haul a-- bike. Probably even faster than the 1300 I ride now.

This '80 XS11 I used to ride would outrun what I got now.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=84444318&albumID=106151&imageID=352170

That rear brake was a doosy!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=84444318&albumID=106151&imageID=352170