IGNORED

Bike Cover, Antenna, Red Line

Seaking

Ok, can you guess why I have a short red line welt across my face the other day?

geesus.. pulled the cover off the bike and wondered what that bright glint of metal was swishing up towards me as the cover let go of the overly bent antenna..

WHAP right up into the face..

When my eyes stopped watering and I picked myself off the ground, I looked around to make sure no one saw me..

Red faced and feeling foolish.. I forgot I had antennas and stowed for the covering of the bike.

fun.. embarrassing but funny.. had to share..

(my purpose in life is to make people laugh, hopefully not with too much pain)

Remember the old Pink Panther movies? Peter Sellers always had his assistant surprize attack him to keep his reflexes tuned. Yeah, thats it, consider it personl training.

BTW, I've dodged those pesky antennaes a few times now. :missingtooth:

Ponch

I hate to break it to you,,, But the antenna's fold down all the way... :bang head:

Yes they do, but mine weren't lined up properly when I bought my bike, so I adjusted them once I discovered it. At first they folded out to the side. One thing that bugs me is the shoddy workmanship these days. Just do it right the first time & save everyone the trouble, is all I ask. (OK, I'm through).

Guess you learn something new every day!

One of the other quotes stated that you can change the angle of the dangle (as it were) on the antenna mounts.. When I fold mine down, they run outwards a bit from the centreline of the bike.. Turning them in a bit would certainly make covering the bike easier and less 'hazardous' ; )