IGNORED

First Gen Exhaust

bmannon

Hi,

Got my new to me 1990 Venture 1300 this weekend. I like almost everything about it other than the exhaust. The collector rattles and the mufflers are REAL quiet. You can hear the collector rattle over top of the sound of the exhaust.

I saw the threads about gutting the collector and the mufflers. Both projects look beyond my pay grade.

I have been looking for some type of aftermarket slip-ons but cant find any. Does anyone know of any good sounding mufflers that will fit? On my last bike, an '86 V-Max, I put on a set of Supertrapps, I would like a sound like that.

Thanks for any info,

Brian

Really doesn't matter what exhaust you eventually put on. If you don't fix or replace the collector, it will begin to make so much noise that it will be heard over any exhaust. A friend wanted we to help with is rattling collector and I thought I couldn't do the surgery myself, but we removed the collector, and we both took a deep breath and cut it open. Was quite simple. The hardest part was finding someone to weld the thing back up. An easy fix.

Really doesn't matter what exhaust you eventually put on. If you don't fix or replace the collector, it will begin to make so much noise that it will be heard over any exhaust. A friend wanted we to help with is rattling collector and I thought I couldn't do the surgery myself, but we removed the collector, and we both took a deep breath and cut it open. Was quite simple. The hardest part was finding someone to weld the thing back up. An easy fix.

Yeah I figure I will eventually have it done, but still want to change the mufflers.

Yeah I figure I will eventually have it done, but still want to change the mufflers.

There might be another, group buy of Mac mufflers next year, as I'm not sure if they will allow add ons to this years buy. Condor is the Coordinator of these buys, so check with him. It may also be possible to find a set of Jardines too.

There might be another, group buy of Mac mufflers next year, as I'm not sure if they will allow add ons to this years buy. Condor is the Coordinator of these buys, so check with him. It may also be possible to find a set of Jardines too.

Are these dedicated units or a universal fit? Do you have a link that would show pictures of them? what about the sound?

Thanks!

Are these dedicated units or a universal fit? Do you have a link that would show pictures of them? what about the sound?

Thanks!

These are made for the 1st gens, here is an older link to last years buy. I don't have a set installed yet, but there is a sound clip somewhere on site.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12626&highlight=mac+muffler

Thanks Rocket and Condor, I will know what to look for now. I will try to look up the Jardines also. My stock mufflers look almost new, it's a shame to take them off, but it wont be a first.

Another question, If I removed the collector would a muffler shop be able to do the repair for me?

Thanks!

I inatalled the Macs that Jack (Condor) got for the bunch of us. I love the look, and the deep throaty sound is great. They will "Bark" if ya roll on and let her rip. Son says they give the scoot "Attitude". :thumbsup2:

DJ.

P.S. go to my photos to get a good look at'em.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=769

I inatalled the Macs that Jack (Condor) got for the bunch of us. I love the look, and the deep throaty sound is great. They will "Bark" if ya roll on and let her rip. Son says they give the scoot "Attitude". :thumbsup2:

DJ.

P.S. go to my photos to get a good look at'em.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=769

YEAH! Those look nice. Probably get a set soon. MAC has em listed at $239, is that for a pair? pretty good deal if it is.

Probably not, but they might if they have equipment for welding stainless steel.

I guess getting a used one would be pointless wouldnt it? Seems like they all eventually do it.

Hey Captain, send me an invoice for that windscreen and I will pay you for it.