IGNORED

Pipeband on stage with Rod Stewart!!

Tartan Terror

On Long Island we have a place called Jones Beach theater where lots of concerts are held (Last night I saw the Alman Brothers and they Sucked!). Well a few times a year my Pipeband gets to play by invitation in the VIP and common area. Just a little entertainment to fill and we get the benefit of seeing the show. Well 2 weeks ago we did this at a Police concert and one of Mr Stewarts reps was there checking out the venue. First question was "Are they gonna be here that night?". We could be! Well we are. It was already set to do the same as always but now we are to be on stage when Rod comes out and play just before he comes on stage!!! How cool is that. Not bad for a little Pipe band!!!

WWW.peconicwarpipes.org

I know they get fussy sometimes about videotaping events, but ya think you can get your performance part taped. Would be cool for all of us to see that can't get to LI.

Have fun.

Margaret

I know we want to try for the website. Im sure they will let us get our part at least. Im really stoked!!!! Cant say he is my all time favorite but I do love his music. I think my favorite song was "Infatuation". I watched that video thousands of times when MTV still actually played music!!! LOL

I was thinking we could do a rendition of "Do you think Im Sexy" like this!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e1dYIWu2ME&feature=related]YouTube - Stuart Mackenzie - If You Think I'm Sexy[/ame]

Im not sure how to get the tunes up there so you cna hear them. We do a Military set that we have now added "Wild Blue Yonder" too also and are also gonna add " Semper Parentus" for the Coasties too. Let me talk to our computer guy and maybe we can tape it and post it on You Tube? Help me out here!!!

Ain't it a small world.

My younger son works part time as a sound, lighting and stage rigger - and recently rubbed shoulders with Rod at a gig here in Oz. His claim to fame is that Rod asked him where the boys' room was, and he pointed him in the right direction. (Literally not physically!)

- - - Yay for Venture Riders - - - !

I was thinking we could do a rendition of "Do you think Im Sexy" like this!

Im not sure how to get the tunes up there so you cna hear them. We do a Military set that we have now added "Wild Blue Yonder" too also and are also gonna add " Semper Parentus" for the Coasties too. Let me talk to our computer guy and maybe we can tape it and post it on You Tube? Help me out here!!!

PLEASE a MP3 file of Anchors Aweigh by e mail......

I am retired Navy.