IGNORED

Home from Michigan w/86

kbran

I made it home from Brad's yesterday and it was a great trip. We crossed over into Canada that night and had dinner with GaryN. Left early the next morning and headed to Asheville. The bike did well except backfireing, so Muffinman helped resync and we could not get any vacum on #1 cylinder. He did get it set prety good and it ran great comeing home. Want to thank him and Brad and Denden for the work they put into it. Denden came over the week before and helped Brad work on the carbs, so a big thanks to them for taking the time out to help. And thanks to jrichard for getting in there as well. It was great to see some of the folks at Asheville, sorry I was busy with the bike and didn't get to visit much. Wish I could have stayed.

Got some work to do on the 86 and need to figure out the loss of vaccum on #1. If anyone can lead me in the right direction please chim in.

Do a compression test. Check/adjust the valve clearance before you do anything else.

IS YOUR NAME DENNIS?

man i haven't seen you in here, in a coon's age!!! i was just thinking about you, not 10 minutes ago!

how've ya been?

i hope and pray , that ALL is well with you and your loved ones!

just jt

Glad to hear you made it home without incident Kenny, it was great to see you again and I'm glad to hear that Muffin tinkered with the bike. I knew it would be a good bike for someone who had some time to tinker with it. And I will say this right here and now, that will be the LAST 1st gen I will own to ride, the rest of the ones I get will be parted out or fixed and sold.

Yeah boys....2nd gens RULE!

:stirthepot:

Naw, as a matter of fact, cheesecake from your most gracious Sweetnothing will be the ONLY thing that will settle this "sick" feeling in my gut since you disowned us 1st gen guys and went down that "other" road! Well, I should have known that you were starting to "slow down" in your older years and needed a slower bike!!!!

That's alright Brad, I'll continue on for 'ya!!!!! :smile5:

Skinny Squidley

Naw, as a matter of fact, cheesecake from your most gracious Sweetnothing will be the ONLY thing that will settle this "sick" feeling in my gut since you disowned us 1st gen guys and went down that "other" road! Well, I should have known that you were starting to "slow down" in your older years and needed a slower bike!!!!

That's alright Brad, I'll continue on for 'ya!!!!! :smile5:

Skinny Squidley

Ah yes....let the games begin

:stirthepot:

BTW "Skinny" I didn't disown you guys, just a bike that YOU decide to ride :rasberry:

I made it home from Brad's yesterday and it was a great trip. We crossed over into Canada that night and had dinner with GaryN. Left early the next morning and headed to Asheville. The bike did well except backfireing, so Muffinman helped resync and we could not get any vacum on #1 cylinder. He did get it set prety good and it ran great comeing home. Want to thank him and Brad and Denden for the work they put into it. Denden came over the week before and helped Brad work on the carbs, so a big thanks to them for taking the time out to help. And thanks to jrichard for getting in there as well. It was great to see some of the folks at Asheville, sorry I was busy with the bike and didn't get to visit much. Wish I could have stayed.

Got some work to do on the 86 and need to figure out the loss of vaccum on #1. If anyone can lead me in the right direction please chim in.

I was wondering how you got along. Glad you made it safe and sound. See you next month my friend!!